Florida Law Question (Document Links Included)

Share your favorite books and links here.
Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Florida Law Question (Document Links Included)

Post by Icearstorm » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Florida Law, Chapter 68A-6: Wildlife as Personal Pets

Parts of this seem a bit vague, specifically the part about sale permits. If one sold about 5 broods of finches a year, would they require a license or be exempt as a hobbyist breeder? Would paperwork need to be sent to the government or just kept at home unpublished?

Several unofficial sources say birds for sale must be banded; is this true? If so, do the birds need official bands or will any bands work?

Some other links:

Possession or Sale of Birds or Mammals

Captive Wildlife Licenses and Permits

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Florida Law Question (Document Links Included)

Post by wildbird » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:27 pm

No, birds don't have to be banded. I can't get into the websites you posted, but most pet birds are domestic and not wildlife unless shipped from another country. It's long overdue for the government to get out of our lives.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Florida Law Question (Document Links Included)

Post by Icearstorm » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:21 am

wildbird

Thank you for clarifying that about the bands. I know most pet birds are considered domestic in aviculture, but for some reason the Fish and Wildlife Conservation considers any bird that isn't a chicken, guinea fowl, or peafowl a form of wildlife.
I don't know what is up with the links; I just clicked on them and they worked. Perhaps the servers went down for updates?