Latest "Just Finches" magazine

Share your favorite books and links here.
mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Latest "Just Finches" magazine

Post by mickp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:39 am

just recieved my copy of the magazine yesterday and have read it once from cover to cover already.
has a couple of stand out articles in it the first is about the different types of finches that can be housed together, another about australian yellow backed gouldiansand a third which will no doubt create a lot of debate about housing parrots and finches together successfully.
Addicted to Finches, yes I do admit it.
I pray they never find a cure.

AussieFinchForum

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:21 am

There's also a great article on Swees, which are some of my favorite finches. Gotta love that magazine!
Hilary

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:33 pm

There is someone at the bird fair every month that sells these magazines. But they just seem a bit pricy to me. :roll:
Donna

franny
Weaning
Weaning

Post by franny » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:43 pm

dfcauley wrote:There is someone at the bird fair every month that sells these magazines. But they just seem a bit pricy to me. :roll:
Donna, you are so lucky to live somewhere where there's a bird fair every month! We just don't have any in our neck of the woods! There is a canary group a few miles from here that has a show once a year and that's it! Finches just don't seem all that popular, or else if there are groups, they're a closed group. I never see any ads for shows or clubs here. :cry:

On a good note though, there's always Craig's List. I have found homes for my baby GBs and they haven't all fledged yet! :)

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:55 pm

yes I am very happy that that is available to me. I look forward to it and try to go every month. I will be going on Saturday. Can't wait! I don't always buy a bird.... sometimes just look and get some seeds. :lol:
Donna

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 am

The magazine is pricey but there is just nothing else like it. I enjoy my NFSS bulletin - lots of pictures and articles - but it's still not the same.
Hilary

dfcauley
Molting
Molting

Post by dfcauley » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:33 am

Hilary wrote:The magazine is pricey but there is just nothing else like it. I enjoy my NFSS bulletin - lots of pictures and articles - but it's still not the same.
Well since everything here has nothing but good things to say about it, I am going to pick up a couple of issues at the mart Saturday. :lol:
Donna

helga
Pip
Pip

Finchmagazine

Post by helga » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:27 am

dfcauley wrote:
Hilary wrote:The magazine is pricey but there is just nothing else like it. I enjoy my NFSS bulletin - lots of pictures and articles - but it's still not the same.
Well since everything here has nothing but good things to say about it, I am going to pick up a couple of issues at the mart Saturday. :lol:
Okay,everybody talks about this Finchmagazine,what is the name of it and where can I get it ? Thanks for any info you can give me.

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Helga, it's called Just Finches and Softbills, and is published in New Zealand. Since I'm in the States, the postage gets expensive, but it's such a neat magazine. The website is Just Finches. A subscription in the US is a hefty $54, but that includes postage. They also offer back issues in case you're interested in a specific finch.
Hilary

helga
Pip
Pip

Post by helga » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:13 pm

Hilary wrote:Helga, it's called Just Finches and Softbills, and is published in New Zealand. Since I'm in the States, the postage gets expensive, but it's such a neat magazine. The website is Just Finches. A subscription in the US is a hefty $54, but that includes postage. They also offer back issues in case you're interested in a specific finch.
Hilary, thank you so much,I have been looking for a Magazine for Finches, I will get this one.
Thanks again.

mickp
Weaning
Weaning

Post by mickp » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 am

you wont regret getting the magazine
Addicted to Finches, yes I do admit it.
I pray they never find a cure.

AussieFinchForum