Bird and Bird Supplies available

Share your favorite books and links here.
Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:36 am

Hoji, I just ordered some hoppers on the 10th, and got them already on the 13th. I really like these and will order some more. I hang them on the outside of the cage. The only problem I have had is that the birds were afraid of them at first. My Stars are always the most inquisitive, and they even held back a bit, but once one checked it out, they were climbing over each other to see what the new thing was. The Goulds and CBs are more timid, but they started using it. The CBs kept looking at it, so I put their dish of worms right in front of the hopper, so when they jumped on the edge of the dish, they were right on level with the entrance to the seed hopper, and it didn't take them long to go for some pellets. I am actually using the hoppers for pellets, not seed. My CBs had developed a really bad habit of picking thru seed for their favorites, and throwing seed everywhere. When I converted them to pellets, they still did the same, and more pellets wound up on the bottom of the cage, under the grate where it was wasted, than what wound up in their bodies. I also like the fact that the food stays poop-free, and I don't have to worry about them running out of food when I'm not home. I think you'll really like these hoppers.

Marigold
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Marigold » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:59 pm

I have about 45 feeder hoppers and bought most of them from Tammy. My 1st 4 I got from a Bird Fair.

I referred her company Just Bird Stuff to several breeders here in Houston and they all have been very happy with her products and service.
Happy Birding......<><
Marigold
www.marigoldsfancyfinches.com