where to buy?

Share your favorite books and links here.
maru
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

where to buy?

Post by maru » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I am interested in buying some stuff for my gouldians. I am especially interested in iodine, since I don´t have any, and I have read that it can be the cause of feathers missing.
I read here that someone said that she preferred giving them powdered kelp, since they can eat it as they like, which can be better that puting some drops in the water, so they would drink it, even when they don´t need it. I think that´s a good advice.
I also read here that a good place to buy is birdsupplynh.com, but I searched there and, althoug they have a huge variety of products, they don´t have the powdered kelp. I found it in mybirdstore.com, do you recommend this site?
5 lady gouldians

Nagdabit
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Re: where to buy?

Post by Nagdabit » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 pm

One of our fellow forum members has a good supply of Gouldian products. You can check her web site.

http://www.gouldiansgalore.net/

Not sure about international shipping though.
30+ Zebra Finches (The actual number constantly changes) 2 Rabbits (1 Mini Rex, 1 Dutch), 1 Grouchy Old Fart, and 1 Dang Redhead

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:32 pm

There are a few members here that sell products. The one listed above is great with good genetic information. Another is Bill, a researcher of Lady Gouldians. His site has tons of information on the gouldians in the wild. You may find some of that information helpful. I sure did.
Located in Tennessee
http://www.fabulousfinch.com

Another great member of this forum... just advertized a SALE :D
Michele at:
http://www.fairestfinches.com

One of the most complete gouldian sites out there. located California
http://www.ladygouldianfinch.com

Located in California
http://www.redbirdproducts.com

Very Sweet Ladies...located in California
http://www.silversongwest.com

Located in Arizona
http://www.finchniche.com

Located in Alabama..... I love her prices and shipping is close for me:D
http://www.merrisbirdsnsupplies.com

I have ordered from all of the above places and they all carry the kelp you are looking for. Happy Shopping. :D

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 pm

Great list of vendors, Candace. One more, who is also a forum member, is Tammy at www.just4birds.com (used to be justbirdstuff).
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 am

Oops... I didn't know about Tammy.... learn something new everyday. I have shopped the just bird stuff site before. Didn't know it had changed names or that they were here on this forum.
I am sure you can find one of these to ship to Mexico, Maru. Your birds will love you for it :D

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 am

Oops, my mistake--I thought just4birds was replacing justbirdstuff, but it seems Tammy will maintain both websites. just4birds will feature Morning Bird products, and justbirdstuff will feature Birdcare Company.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:16 am

Nagdabit wrote:One of our fellow forum members has a good supply of Gouldian products. You can check her web site.

http://www.gouldiansgalore.net/

Not sure about international shipping though.
I do ship internationally :)
And I'm having a sale, too - 10% off everything Morning Bird and Twin Beaks related! :D

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 am

Sally wrote:Oops, my mistake--I thought just4birds was replacing justbirdstuff, but it seems Tammy will maintain both websites. just4birds will feature Morning Bird products, and justbirdstuff will feature Birdcare Company.
Okay, that's why I was still dealling with Just Bird Stuff.... It was the Bird Care Company product I was after that time :D Thought I was loosing my mind...some more :D

Finch Fry
Expecting
Expecting

Post by Finch Fry » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

I know I asked this before, but it would be really nice if we stickied a thread on links for places to buy stuff. We have one going over in housing area on cages and this one on supplies. I was told we cant do it because this sight isnt meant to promote sales or something like that and advertising. But i think a member maintained thread deserves to be kept and updated with links to tons of stores. I am going to make one and hopefully get it stickied up at the top of the resources section.
Goulds, Owls, Gold Breasts, Stars, Zebras, Societies
An obscene number of chicks and eggs
And an incredibly rare St. Goldena Breast finch
Anyone want some finches???
-Chris 8-[

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Chris,
I think they don't allow it because this is meant for the sharing of information of birds.Though helping someone to find supplies is sharing.... It may best be done by PM. I think I will do this in the future as I think it is wrong to promote one member's sale site and not the others...hence my post. Many times you start letting business in... well things get overly competitive and your site looses the friendly atmosphere of friends sharing information. Unfortunately friendships and business don't alway's work out so well. I for one would never offer sales through this site. I figure if people are interested in what I have to offer, they will contact me by my posted web site. :D

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm

CandoAviary wrote:I for one would never offer sales through this site. I figure if people are interested in what I have to offer, they will contact me by my posted web site. :D
I'm not sure if you meant this to sound the way it does, since myself and Michele both posted about the sales we are having on different occasions - but knowing about a website doesn't necessarily mean that individuals are checking it every day to see if you are offering any sales :\

If I wasn't signed up for newsletters for certain sites, I would never know about the specials they are having, because I don't check them daily. I am not sure about Michele, but I do not have a running newsletter yet (it is something I'm working on but I am not sure about how to set up the SQL server to do it securely), so this isn't an option for me right now - so yes, if I'm offering a promotion or a sale the best way for me to let people know is to make an announcement.
I guess I just don't see the harm in that..

When I was a little girl, I used to feel that I had to sleep with ALL of my stuffed animals, or some would be left feeling jilted/neglected.
The truth is, I would always have my favorites regardless of putting them all in one giant pile on my bed.

I don't think anyone should be offended or jilted by who decides to order from where, it just comes down to personal preference, or in some instances, location :)

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:36 pm

On no Tiffany, I was not implying that :shock: I was just speculating why the powers that be on this site would rather not promote sales on this site. I felt that it was due to keeping it a friendly place.... errr you don't sound too friendly right now. :?
As my statement that you quoted, I don't sell retail,or even birds yet, if I did I am sure I would advertize. If it was allowed in the market place I may, though like you I agree people have there 'favorites' and will buy from where they are comfortable and treated like a valued customer.... regardless of how much one advertizes. I learned that from being in competitive sales most of my life. It is the repeat customer that will make your business successful. Repeat customers are built with trusting relationdhips. I see no harm advertizing and I thought that is what the market place was for, for members offering what they had for sale.???? I thought that until Finch Fry mentioned the site does not promote sales. My statement that you quoted was what I would do, I in no way tried to tell any others what they should do, shouldn't do, whatever.....
As you know a long time ago I contacted you and purchased through your website. I too have my favorites and I shop where I can trust the sellers to sell me products that they use themselves and can educate me on the proper use of them Which you do very well... having said that , I contacted you not because of some advertizement but on your helpful,sharing, cheery attitude you displayed in the forum topics. In my past pet shops and restaurants the greatest advantage I had was not my advertizing, but my knowledge and care to share it with my customers. Customers, I learned ,also like to be pampered :D
Michele, I apologize if you are upset by my statement. I am not sure if Tiffany is speaking for you or not, but apologizes in advance. Actually, I promoted your sale and your site :D
Hope all is well and I am sorry I took you to that jilted stuffed animal place :( I truly loved all of my stuffed animals equally and they made me feel so very safe and secure. Not sure what that has to do with sales....................
I will say here that you don't have to defend your business. I love your site and the products I have purchased from you :D And also thankyou for all the enlightment on the ways of gouldian genetics. You are loved and valued :D Please forgive any jilted/ offended feelings that you may have read into my post, none was intended.
Last edited by CandoAviary on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:59 pm

CandoAviary wrote:On no Tiffany, I was not implying that :shock: I was just speculating why the powers that be on this site would rather not promote sales on this site. I felt that it was due to keeping it a friendly place.... errr you don't sound too friendly right now. :?
As my statement that you quoted, I don't sell retail,or even birds yet, if I did I am sure I would advertize. If it was allowed in the market place I may, though like you I agree people have there 'favorites' and will buy from where they are comfortable and treated like a valued customer.... regardless of how much one advertizes. I learned that from being in competitive sales most of my life. It is the repeat customer that will make your business successful. Repeat customers are built with trusting relationdhips. I see no harm advertizing and I thought that is what the market place was for, for members offering what they had for sale.???? I thought that until Finch Fry mentioned the site does not promote sales. My statement that you quoted was what I would do, I in no way tried to tell any others what they should do, shouldn't do, whatever.....
As you know a long time ago I contacted you and purchased through your website. I too have my favorites and I shop where I can trust the sellers to sell me products that they use themselves and can educate me on the proper use of them Which you do very well... having said that , I contacted you not because of some advertizement but on your helpful,sharing, cheery attitude you displayed in the forum topics. In my past pet shops and restaurants the greatest advantage I had was not my advertizing, but my knowledge and care to share it with my customers. Customers, I learned ,also like to be pampered :D
Michele, I apologize if you are upset by my statement. I am not sure if Tiffany is speaking for you or not, but apologizes in advance. Actually, I promoted your sale and your site :D
Hope all is well and I am sorry I took you to that jilted stuffed animal place :( I truly love all of my stuffed animals equally and they made me feel so very safe and secure. Not sure what that has to do with sales....................
I will say here that you don't have to defend your business. I love your site and the products I have purchased from you :D And also thankyou for all the enlightment on the ways of gouldian genetics. You are loved and valued :D Please forgive any jilted/ offended feelings that you may have read into my post, none was intended.
Oh no I am not mad or upset at all - I just thought it sounded like you were saying you would never advertise your business here, so I was like, oh.. ooops.. :? Cause I do it from time to time just to get the word out :oops:

The stuffed animal analogy was just to be cute :)
Sometimes I feel bad if I forget to list a website/vendor in the same way I felt bad if I didn't have every stuffed animal on the bed, but it's not intentional - that was the only point I was trying to make :)

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

:D I was just offering Maru some options and places to educate herself about her birds. And speculating with Chris. Seems it would be helpful to have links to suppliers for newbies...... I don't need them but then again I research and try out just about every site out there. I am the ultimate comparrison shopper. I also will probably never buy from one site, One site couldn't possibly carry all the products I use. Just got an order for eggfood in, orlux, miracle meal, higgins protein, from one company. feast from another company, and nestling mix with bugs from another and ABBA 92w/ seed from yet another. And that was just the eggfoods :shock: I also like to run my own trials and performance test on my birds.... this way I can figure out truly which are the best. Can't argue with results. Advertizing is good, but results are better :D

And you probably hit the nail on the head why sales are not promoted by the powers that be on this site. To keep anyone from feeling jilted. And it becoming a bird board of advertizements. I have seen those and well, that is why I am not on those sites... but here. :D

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I am the same way! I order from all over the place :)

I feel like for people like us who have a large number of birds, it's almost impossible to have a "one stop shop" :)

I get my millet from Emily in AL, I get most of my seed from Fabulous Finch in TN, but also get some of my own extra mixes from Herman Bros, then obviously I order from Morning Bird in CA and Twin Beaks, plus I order a lot of my medications from Bird Supply of NH or Foy's or Siegels.. LOL
So.. I'm always looking around for the best deals :)