Books

Share your favorite books and links here.
Hoji
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Books

Post by Hoji » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 am

Hey Everybody - which are your favorite Finch books ?
---Hoji

Hoji
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Hoji » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:15 pm

No favorite (suggested) books :( ?

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:48 pm

Nope sorry, I don't have any finch books. I seem to find the answers to my questions on the internet.

Seems like there may have been an earlier post on this topic. You might check back for it.
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

Hilary
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Hilary » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:02 pm

Three I love are:

- Keeping and Breeding Finches and Seed-Eaters
- Encyclopedia of Estrildid Finches
- The New Finch Handbook

The first two are pretty expensive, but are great references. The Handbook is a good solid reference, but doesn't go into as much detail and only covers the more popular species.
Hilary

Leikela
Pip
Pip

Post by Leikela » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:45 pm

I just got 2 finches & couldn't find books anywhere but I finally found Finches for Dummies in a pet store. Its cheap & its pretty good for anyone even if your just thinking about getting a finch. Not huge but it gives you all the basics & Iv read it & refereed to it many times especially the first few days. It also lists some good resources on the web that have articles etc. that are helpful then there are always boards like this where you can ask questions. :wink:

Leikela

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:58 pm

I have a book called 'Finches and Soft-billed Birds' that was published in 1970 (I keep books forever!). It is mostly out-of-date with its information, as it talks about most finches being imported, whereas so many finches are now bred in captivity, but it does have pretty detailed descriptions of many finches. I rely on the internet for most of my info now.

lisalambourne
Nestling
Nestling

Post by lisalambourne » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 am

I have 2 finch books, one just a basic guide that came free with my cage, and the other is an E-book called The Definitive guide to finches, its really good.
........lisa.........

Sarcasm is just one of my many tallents!!

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:47 am

http://www.finchinfo.com/resources/books.php is an incomplete list of my books--the ones I recommend are marked with a little icon.