Silver Bill / Owl Finch cross

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
readingfc
Mature
Mature

Post by readingfc » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:22 am

thanks for the comments - I think he is a beautiful looking bird :D
30+ finches, including Zebra's, 8 Societies,2 Star Finches, 3 Owl Finches, 2 Silver Bills, 2 Diamond Doves, 6 Chinese Painted Quails, 1 Cocker Spaniel, 3 Pond Fish and 20 Tropical Fish

Rayray
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by Rayray » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:58 am

summert85 wrote:I would never tend to try and breed any hybrids. I think that's just wrong. And the hybrid wont be able to produce offspring either way. SO NO NO for me. :) Not cool.
agrees / disagrees with summert85 , this x-breed can be vertile by a list published by our finch society and for sure unwanted ,even tho its a nice bird ... hope the owner keeps it and doesn't give it a male/female for more breeding . in a case like this we give it to an old peoples home who have an aviary with mixed species and NO breeding nests or anything.
and for sure i don't blame the breeder cos i know these things happen even we don't want this ( i had it once with a silverbill to )

Ray

summert85
Incubating
Incubating

Post by summert85 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Rayray wrote:
summert85 wrote:I would never tend to try and breed any hybrids. I think that's just wrong. And the hybrid wont be able to produce offspring either way. SO NO NO for me. :) Not cool.
agrees / disagrees with summert85 , this x-breed can be vertile by a list published by our finch society and for sure unwanted ,even tho its a nice bird ... hope the owner keeps it and doesn't give it a male/female for more breeding . in a case like this we give it to an old peoples home who have an aviary with mixed species and NO breeding nests or anything.
and for sure i don't blame the breeder cos i know these things happen even we don't want this ( i had it once with a silverbill to )

Ray
oh i thought hybrid can't breed offspring. read off some sites. But guess that was wrong informations or maybe it only applies to some species. haha anyways, i understand hybrids do happens in large flights/aviary.
*Summer*
Pair of Gouldians, 4 Owls + 5 hatchlings, 4 Society + 3 Babies
Bunch of Zebras, Shaft tails + 2 hatchlings

http://www.ilovegouldianfinches.com