Zebra Colour - Update July 6 Pics

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
Nagdabit
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Post by Nagdabit » Fri May 15, 2009 10:34 am

Was able to post the the pic of the black face males in this site's photo album. Didn't want to put someone else's pic on our photobucket page (whole copyright infringement thing) so figured at least this way fellow finch fanatics can appreciate these stunning males.

The picture ended up on page 34 under the adult finch heading, entitled black face black cheek male: black face black cheek CFW male.

I'll post the picture of the Dutch fawn that was posted in the Yahoo groups so everyone can do a comparison to Julie's zebras as well.

Okay all done. That pic ended up on page 13 and idiot that I am, forgot to give the picture a heading. Sorry bout that. Does anyone understand how that picture gallery organizes everything? The pics seem to be just scattered randomly.
30+ Zebra Finches (The actual number constantly changes) 2 Rabbits (1 Mini Rex, 1 Dutch), 1 Grouchy Old Fart, and 1 Dang Redhead

the.puppeteer
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by the.puppeteer » Fri May 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Wow, those boys are stunning! I'm hoping I can just start calling mine 'chocolate' but I doubt most of the serious long-term breeders will go for that haha.

In the gallery, when you go into the section of photos that you want to see at the top right are some additional options - you can view by title, file name, date or position.

-Julie
Visit http://www.gardenessgardens.com
Owned by: Blue-capped Cordon Bleu, Goldbreasts, Gouldians, Owls, Pintail Whydahs, Societies, Stars, Strawberries, Zebras, 3 ferrets, 2 cats and 2 Kakariki.

the.puppeteer
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Re: Zebra Colour

Post by the.puppeteer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am

Update!

So the pair's three new chicks (being raised by Societies along with BCCB chicks) are very nearly fully coloured up. Three boys.

Back shot:

Compare to BCCB (not yet in adult colours):

Compare to fawn Society:

Group shot:

I'll be keeping one to try to continue the colour.

-Julie
Visit http://www.gardenessgardens.com
Owned by: Blue-capped Cordon Bleu, Goldbreasts, Gouldians, Owls, Pintail Whydahs, Societies, Stars, Strawberries, Zebras, 3 ferrets, 2 cats and 2 Kakariki.