Shaft Tail (Long Tail Grass Finch)

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
Billion25
Pip
Pip

Shaft Tail (Long Tail Grass Finch)

Post by Billion25 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:29 pm

Can anyone tell me the genetics of this species?thanks

MadHatter
Nestling
Nestling

Post by MadHatter » Wed May 24, 2006 8:13 am

I'm gunna assume your serious... for now. :?
But to be honest, I have no idea what you are asking, and am not so sure you do either. I don't know of any established mutations in this species, but perhaps some exist in the US/UK...
Before someone spends an hour putting together an essay on the genetic relationships of all the mutations that exist in this species in answer to the question they -think- you asked, maybe you'd like to explain yourself a bit better...

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Wed May 24, 2006 1:00 pm

I know of a few mutations in this species (fawn, cream, white). I am pretty sure fawn is inherited the same way it is in zebras, but I'll have to double check.

Billion25
Pip
Pip

Post by Billion25 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:00 am

Crystal wrote:I know of a few mutations in this species (fawn, cream, white). I am pretty sure fawn is inherited the same way it is in zebras, but I'll have to double check.
thanks, pls do check i aquired a pair of fawns just yesterday, i am wondering how to produce creams?

do you know what would be the outcome if i pair a normal and crean?

thanks

Billion25
Pip
Pip

Post by Billion25 » Fri May 26, 2006 3:03 am

MadHatter wrote:I'm gunna assume your serious... for now. :?
But to be honest, I have no idea what you are asking, and am not so sure you do either. I don't know of any established mutations in this species, but perhaps some exist in the US/UK...
Before someone spends an hour putting together an essay on the genetic relationships of all the mutations that exist in this species in answer to the question they -think- you asked, maybe you'd like to explain yourself a bit better...
sir, of coarse im serious, all iam saying is what possible offspring if i combine different colors of grass finches.

anyway thanks for your time