ok question on blue gouldians *Powder and dilute *

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:38 am

Typical petstore....they pay you $35.00 and then they turn around and charge $150.00 like they do for gouldians here! :evil:

rottielover
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by rottielover » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Wow, $35 seems really low...

Around here the shops charge a minimum of $99 per normal bird. Yellow backs can go up to as high as $130 ish and blue's into the $150's and beyond....

That's just the specialty stores. Chains like Petsmart charge even more for normals....

I never started up this hobby to make money, but it would be nice to have the birds "earn their keep" and at least pay for seed :) lol

Personally I'd counter offer for something lower than 99 and shoot for getting about $50 per bird, but that's just me.

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Normal goulds in pet stores sale for about 90.00 yellows 200 blues you will NEVER find. but yea they wanna give ya nothing for them to sale em at those pories.

However I have never sold to a pet store nO NEED< I find plenty of buyers more than happy to pay my asking fees, lol
" Nothing is harder to do gracefully than getting off your high horse"

rottielover
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by rottielover » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:32 pm

Well like I said, we have a couple of specialty bird only stores in the area, and they do manage to get a blue on rare occasions.

FeatherHarp

Post by FeatherHarp » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I just checked at the PetSmart today....a normal Gouldian goes for $133.00....pretty dang high! :?

Even one plain Zebra finch was $16.99....good grief Charlie Brown!! #-o

That's why I like the hobby breeders they don't rob a person blind!

Fancie Flight
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Fancie Flight » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 pm

16.99 are ya kidding, YIKES< theres a specialty bird shop ok 2 of em close by and they charge EVEN MORE than what I listed above. 200 for a normal gould is nothing,
I have never paid more than 5..00 for a society or zeb from a breeder ever,
Parakeets are about 20.00 in the petco petsmarts and breeders will sale for 5 or 10.00 go figure,
I dont sale my birds to rob folks I ENJOY my hobby and try to mak eenough to pay for seed,
" Nothing is harder to do gracefully than getting off your high horse"