Zebra Mutation???

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
jamezyboo21
Weaning
Weaning

Zebra Mutation???

Post by jamezyboo21 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:57 pm

I have 3 sisters and I was looking at them today and noticed her in particular. It looks like she has grey cheek patches and what looks like breast bars as well. Is she a special mutation or is this a common mutation? Or am I wrong and she's just a normal pied?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (20.03 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.62 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (19.82 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
Society Finches, Fire Finches, Strawberry Finches, Owl Finches, Plum Head Finch, Goldbreast Waxbill Finches, Orange Cheek Waxbill Finches, Blue Capped Cordon Finches, Zebra Finches, Bronzewing Mannikin Finches, Red-Cheek Cordon Blue Finches, and Button Quail

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Re: Zebra Mutation???

Post by cindy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:00 pm

It is not uncommon for zebra hens to have show faults/smudges of breast bars. You girl is a normal gray split to pied based on a visual.

What are mom and dad?

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

jamezyboo21
Weaning
Weaning

Post by jamezyboo21 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:07 pm

The pairs are unknown but both her opposite their like a dirty off white and pied with a little grey seeping through the white. So are her cheeks really not cheek patches. I've heard of black cheeks and orange cheeks but isn't there a grey cheek mutation as well??
Society Finches, Fire Finches, Strawberry Finches, Owl Finches, Plum Head Finch, Goldbreast Waxbill Finches, Orange Cheek Waxbill Finches, Blue Capped Cordon Finches, Zebra Finches, Bronzewing Mannikin Finches, Red-Cheek Cordon Blue Finches, and Button Quail

jamezyboo21
Weaning
Weaning

Post by jamezyboo21 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Cindy I have had females in the past with bars so I know its common I just never had one with that obvious of a difference in cheeks from the rest of her body. Its been a while since I had zebras so every time I see something on one of them that looks remotely different I automatically assume its a mutation lol.

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:27 pm

can you post a close up, clear picture of dad and mom?

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

jamezyboo21
Weaning
Weaning

Post by jamezyboo21 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:07 pm

I don't have mom and dad. I got the 3 sisters from someone who was selling them with a pair I bought.