Meet Lola Fawn Colored Zebra and What ?

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
flymouse
Mature
Mature

Meet Lola Fawn Colored Zebra and What ?

Post by flymouse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:40 am

Hello everyone.

I am back to owning finches after a 20 year break. (we were active duty Air Force moving all over)
I was young and had normal colored male zebra finches. One white female and one normal grey one. Ok I sound really stupid, but I also feel it trying to read some of the feeds here. As I feel like I am reading a foreign language since most things are abbreviated. Anyways..................

Now I am back to owning cute little finches again. My first pair I got in January. This time Society Finches.

Now I have purchased 2 new ones from two different breeders but both bought through our local pet store on 1 September.

Including pics. The male I named Zippy. I have never seen a finch that is always so active. He freaks every time i come near his cage or try to put food or bath inside it. aka 2nd name psycho. lol

Then there is my beautiful Lola. She is about 3 months old and I bought her the day her breeder decided to get out of the bird world. Thank goodness I got her the same day because they put all of them in one little cage. A cage made for 2 finches. They had about 15 in there.

Ok both are under quarantine. I've been working a bit with Loraine aka LadyGouldian . Going to be sending her updated pics of droppings tomorrow to see if she thinks they are healthy enough to mix the two of them. Not sure when I can put them in with my Society finches. That will be another subject. grin.

So when you give me information I know it is more work but can you write out the abbreviations so I know what you are saying. Thank you
Attachments
IMG_9983.JPG
This is my sweet Lola.  I am training her to let me hold her.  She now sleeps in my hand.
This is my sweet Lola. I am training her to let me hold her. She now sleeps in my hand.
This is Zippy.  Not sure how old he is.
This is Zippy. Not sure how old he is.

Have a great day
Mickey Jo

Jesus Loves You
I love just about everything he created. Especially my little Chihuahua and chirpy little Finches.oops Guess I should add and my family the 2 legged type. lol

flymouse
Mature
Mature

Re: Meet Lola Fawn Colored Zebra and What ?

Post by flymouse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 am

Ok wish I could send all pics in one message. Have couple more I want to send also.
Attachments
Taking a nap
Taking a nap
Lola and her friend.  lol she sleeps next to or on top of.
Lola and her friend. lol she sleeps next to or on top of.
Lola again about 3 months old I am thinking
Lola again about 3 months old I am thinking

Have a great day
Mickey Jo

Jesus Loves You
I love just about everything he created. Especially my little Chihuahua and chirpy little Finches.oops Guess I should add and my family the 2 legged type. lol

flymouse
Mature
Mature

Post by flymouse » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 am

Ok last one. I would like to have better pics taken of her but no one will help take them. grin.
Attachments
IMG_9971[2].JPG

Have a great day
Mickey Jo

Jesus Loves You

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 am

she looks to be a fawn and she is split to Black breast based on the markers in her tail bars.

The male looks like a normal gray but hard to see clearly if her shows markers for a split to other mutations...if you place the lens of you camera closer to the bars it will focus out the bars for a clearer picture of the birds.

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

Majd
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Majd » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:55 am

Welcome to the forum and to finch keeping! I am so genetic expert but i agree eith Cindy above.
Oh, and by the way, as far as i know you have a pair of zebra finches :) not societies. And after quarantine you can keep them in the same cage to entertain each other or keep the cages in the same room if you don't want to stimulate the female to start breeding at such a young age. And do not offer her a nest as she will be more likely to be stimulated to lay eggs, and she doesn't need it for sleeping as many say.
Anyways...... Good luck and welcome again! See you around!

flymouse
Mature
Mature

Post by flymouse » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:31 pm

Majd grinning I know these are not society finches. I was telling you the pair I got in January was. Several I have spoken too before now already knew that. Guess I should of been more clear. Here is Gerdi and Tom. (My Society mom and Dad. and there babies)

This is there second set. First set was born 5 May.
Attachments
Babies at about a week 1/2 old
Babies at about a week 1/2 old
Oopps I forgot I named her Henrietta.  I've been calling her Gerdi since day 3.  lol
Oopps I forgot I named her Henrietta. I've been calling her Gerdi since day 3. lol

Have a great day
Mickey Jo

Jesus Loves You

Majd
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by Majd » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 am

Oops my bad!
You societies and their babies are so adorable! Congratulations!!
And welcome again to the forum! Will be seeing you around!