I Need IDs of my Zebras Please (Im New to this )

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
Rowan
Pip
Pip

Re: I Need IDs of my Zebras Please (Im New to this )

Post by Rowan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:40 pm

lnlovesorange and xz_zebs
This is a picture of the white baby I have. all the feathers are close to pure white except the feathers on the head which looks gray.

according to your information this could be a CFW hen then.
Can I ask you a question? If I pair this hen with a CFW male in the future, will they give all CFW babies or mix of different varieties ?

xz_zebs
Nestling
Nestling

Post by xz_zebs » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:00 pm

The chick certainly looks like a CFW. You will know more when she/he feathers out but I would expect that this is female CFW.

If she is CFW, if you pair her with a CFW male in ~1 year she will give you all CFW chicks.

lnlovesorange
4 Eggs Laid
4 Eggs Laid

Post by lnlovesorange » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Yup... What he said... LOL And CFW are purdy.. Not as purdy as "Our" babies I don't think, but they got it check w/ lovezebs she has some LOVELY CFW males... Her little Max is CFW and he is gorgeous! I would say that baby is a CFW Hen it would have to be again because it's a sex linked trait, so both parent would have to have it for the male to have it (and LB and CFW are of the same Alelle (or something like that) which is why our Cocks show different coloring even though the father was not CFW because he was LB and they live on the same part of the gene it shows up and you get that beautiful CFW/LB that we are so blessed to have! Good luck with the kids (wierd, I didn't see that post with all the pics of the babes the first time I posted, sorry about that) I can see them now, and your kid does look like a CFW, but is that a black beak she has? It is very strange, but when You don't know the genetics of your kids (or the kids parents) you can get a "mixed bag" so to speak!!! Very nice though, can't wait to see them all Growed up and feathered out!