Ideas on what I have?

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
KeeperofNoahsArk
Pip
Pip

Ideas on what I have?

Post by KeeperofNoahsArk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:00 pm

I recently was given these two babies and the parents are from all looks normal greys. What do I have here? Thank you so much!
Attachments
20160727_111047.jpg

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Ideas on what I have?

Post by haroun » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 pm

you have a young cfw henso her dad is split to cfw as he is grey , in the same photo not very clear other one looks like a fawn cok

KeeperofNoahsArk
Pip
Pip

Post by KeeperofNoahsArk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:18 am

Thank you so very much for taking the time to answer me!! I appreciate it and am very happy to at least being able to identify the coloring. I had searched for what seemed forever in Web to no avail so thank you again!
Misty

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:28 am

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care, especially the Zebra finch and its mutations. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier for members to give advice.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum, looks like you've got yourself some zebra finches :D

KeeperofNoahsArk
Pip
Pip

Post by KeeperofNoahsArk » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Thank you for the welcome! I have always loved finches and canaries(of which I have 4 and used to breed years ago) and find zebra finches so interesting and their busy-body ways keep me entertained. I'm tickled pink I have a few surprises already with the ones I have. I realized today I have a Flordia Fancy male from my first pairing and couldn't be happier. Looking forward to learning and picking your brains! ~Misty~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:00 pm

KeeperofNoahsArk wrote: Thank you for the welcome! I have always loved finches and canaries(of which I have 4 and used to breed years ago) and find zebra finches so interesting and their busy-body ways keep me entertained. I'm tickled pink I have a few surprises already with the ones I have. I realized today I have a Flordia Fancy male from my first pairing and couldn't be happier. Looking forward to learning and picking your brains! ~Misty~
:-BD

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 am

KeeperofNoahsArk wrote: Thank you for the welcome! I have always loved finches and canaries(of which I have 4 and used to breed years ago) and find zebra finches so interesting and their busy-body ways keep me entertained. I'm tickled pink I have a few surprises already with the ones I have. I realized today I have a Flordia Fancy male from my first pairing and couldn't be happier. Looking forward to learning and picking your brains! ~Misty~
welcome to the zebra world infected member :D ,always Kinder surprise with those finches !
oh you got a FF can we see a shot