Isabel or not Isabel

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Isabel or not Isabel

Post by haroun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:04 am

i think he is a fawn Isabel a bad one :lol: with fawn cheek combo , can someone correct me ?!
appreciate ur help
Attachments
IMG_20160830_183544[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_183445[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_183246[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_183209[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_183206[1].jpg

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Isabel or not Isabel

Post by haroun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 am

same
Attachments
IMG_20160830_184415[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_184409[1].jpg
IMG_20160830_183607[1].jpg

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 am

Yea mate I'd say it's more an Isabel than anything,

I grant the fact that it's probably not the best example but still quite sure it's an Isabel,

In truth the bird has possibly got 2-3 genetic factors in it as it's possible that it could be split for fawn cheek being a cock,

A little difficult to fully know mate, not without knowing the full history of yer birds and you obviously know how many zebra mutations that now exist,

I onestly thought we had loads here in England until i closely looked at the Aussie birds, my goodness there's absolutely loads that I'd never even heard of :-O

Onestly mate have a look at the Aussie zebra charts :mrgreen:

Zebras must surely now be the only finch world wide with more mutations that any other finch,

Can get confusing at times but I suppose that's half the fun :-BD

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:42 am

thank u Stu , but he couldn't be split to Fawn Cheek as it's dominant , he should be also FC see his cheeck patch
totally agree with you zebra is an mazing bird , an amateur breeder of canary was boasted by colors that are found in their mutations, the poor he knew on the zebra only the CFW, PIEDs, browns, greys and in best the black cheeks, when I showed him the different mutations and their combinasons, he was trying to go over to the zebra.
yes and agree again , when i had seen the Euro and US zebra load i was stupified , till i brose to the Aussie zebra finchs vectoria and queensland , was totaly amazed filled with wonder, and lost in the comparison;they have the same with different names and more and more mutations , black front , george , grizzle, queensland Isabel and so on , they are very lucky
return to origine you got the best lol

cindy
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by cindy » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 am

based on the chest and color looks like a SF isable or a silver isabel.... if tail bars are silver than it is a SF, you also mentioned in another topic the bird's day is split to other mutations.

Zebra, Gouldians, Java, CBM Shaft tail & Grasskeets

~ My Facebook groups ~

*Finchaholics ~ finches, hookbills, softbills & canaries are welcome here!
discussions regarding species, housing, breeding, preventatives, treatments

*Birdaholics ~ Avian Classified Ads Only

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:03 am

haroun

Mmm...yea mate your probably right, to be absolutely onest with you, I'm not gonna pretend like a lot do but I've never actually had phaeo, fawn cheek or Isabel,

However I've got various very good freinds all around me quite close to where I live and they do have these mutations,

The birds that I keep and interest me the most are all very good quality exhibition chestnut flanked whites, fawns, normals, penguins, black cheek, and whites etc,

I've also had a few light backs, creams and pieds in the past and no doubt will introduce a few more again at a later date :mrgreen:

You mention about dominant but I'm very sure that you mentioned somewhere in one of yer posts about the bird / birds being split which was why I said about maybe some of yer cock birds being split as you also did mention that you had done quite a bit of mixed genetic breeding where a number of birds being bred and crossed back to one another will obviously produce mixed genetical make up,

Can all be so very confusing :mrgreen:

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:20 am

ok i'll put his mother's pic and the presumed dad

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:45 am

cindy wrote: based on the chest and color looks like a SF isable or a silver isabel.... if tail bars are silver than it is a SF, you also mentioned in another topic the bird's day is split to other mutations.
Cindy i'm sure for his mum she is the daughter of the FC COK and a R-CFW/ISA i think she is also fc ISA or cf /isabel any way the ISABEL factor is present on her , his dad i'm not sure witch one !!..........brood here with two cok one grey/ISA and a pied/isa
oh remebred when the eggs start hatch she start tossing them and he was frosted by a pied mate
so his dad is pied/isa and his mom is fcisabel or cheeked/isa prefer to put pictures
@ Stuart whiting

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:43 pm

cindy. Stuart whiting
Presumed patents
And an odd picture of the bird, at time lol
Attachments
Iswear i don't use photpshop. Lol
Iswear i don't use photpshop. Lol