Lavanders

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Lavanders

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:30 am

Hi All,

Well at least I know that one of my Lavanders is a boy :-BD
I played some Lavander videos today, and he responded with the Lavander Finch male song on several occasions.

My other little Lavander just responded with a cheeep (like the first note of the male song).

So...
The question now is, whether number 2 birdie is a girl, or just a shy boy, who is a poor singer.

Any thoughts Isobea and W.I. or anyone else with Lavander Finches ???
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Alia
Pip
Pip

Re: Lavanders

Post by Alia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 am

i have what i think is a pair. I've had a similar experience... and they seem to be nest curious! But i've had them for only a short time so not sure yet- i am hoping for a boy and girl- they are awesome lol birds. Beautiful and energetic. A favorite

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:47 am

Alia

Mine hang out together, sitting shoulder to shoulder and ejoying each others company, but so far no more than that.

Again, like you, I haven't had them for very long and they were stuck in the Pet Shop for quite a long time.

Where did you get your pair from btw?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Alia
Pip
Pip

Post by Alia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:28 am

Out East ... Special order so they should be a pair but one never knows. They were in top condition. I was going to buy from the local pet store but decided not to. Good news is mine are very unlikely to be related to yours... so if I get lucky or vice versa... [-o<

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Alia

Sounds like a plan :D

I have never ordered birds from anywhere.
Who do you order from, and how expensive is it, if you don't mind my asking?
~Elana~

Rob
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Post by Rob » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Alia wrote: ... Good news is mine are very unlikely to be related to yours... so if I get lucky or vice versa... [-o<
Are we placing orders? I only have a single male, who came with a single society finch (they're still best buds), and I can't bring myself to spend $100 on one from the store.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Rob

No orders being placed by me, Rob.

So far my two are still hanging out together, but not showing any romantic intentions.

I should pull them out of community, and place them in a flight cage on their own to see what they do. Ah... if only I had more space... ~X( ~X( ~X( .
~Elana~

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:53 am

lovezebs

Hi Elana, I don't know how to get the link up but have a look at this site, I saved this on me reading list a long while back, there is another site identical to this one but on blue caps aswell :-BD
image.png

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:32 am

Stuart whiting

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the clip. There are a few videos floting around with a male Lavander calling sound, like this one:

https://youtu.be/dVfMvBWfx7Y

One of mine definitely responds and does the same call, the other one just sits there smiling.
~Elana~