Market finches :(

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Market finches :(

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am

Icearstorm

Birds can be hosed off and made to look presentable, seeing as they will not show disease or pain until they are ready to die.

Many people purchase birds on a whim....awww they look so cute....
Then once they realize how much work is involved, the bird is either sold, dumped somewhere, 'set free', or placed somewhere out of the way untill it dies of neglect.

To many people, birds are considered disposable pets, like they consider hamsters, mice, gerbils, rabbits, etc.

For the bigger hookbills, (who cost a lot of money), a lot of people will hang on to them untill they are in absolutely terrible condition, or untill they hit puberty and become unmanageble for a novice owner.

https://goo.gl/images/N8TQoh

https://goo.gl/images/WKmFhF

https://goo.gl/images/LbuLfN

https://goo.gl/images/raF48R

https://goo.gl/images/kuY6tg
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

Icearstorm lovezebs Fraza

The animal trafficking as well as the child and human trafficking is unlikely to stop, as Elana mentioned.

And at the very top of the ladder the big $$ probably flows to one primary country. Just horrid.

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Icearstorm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:32 am

lovezebs
I think they should require licensing for some parrots here, similar to how the US falconry system operates. A mentor and a knowledge-based test (requiring 80% correct) should cut down on unethical bird ownership. I doubt it would be practical for the majority of countries, but it could work in theory for countries with higher living standards. Passing and enforcing the law will likely be a pain.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:02 pm

I thought it was quite a rare thing until I have heard use now can't believe it is aloud.theres no way police don't walk down and see them dirty and malnourished if it was a cat or dog it would be different
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 pm

Fraza

Cats and dogs are kept in horrid conditions as well.

Read up about Puppy and Kitten Mills if you want a good cry.

My oldest dog Danny, (now almost 13) came from an Indian Reservation. He was starved almost to the point of death, had his tail ripped off, was hit with a car, and had pot shots taken at him..... and this all before he was 4 months old.

One of the cats that I rescued "Thomas" (who passed away at 17 0r 18 years), was simply left behind when people moved away, to fend for himself outdoors in a cold Canadian Winter (temperatures -30C). He was a mess by the time we opened our door to him.

Another kitty, "Gillie", was dumped in a bank parking lot to fend for herself at 3 months old.

My little dog Katy, was bought as a toy for two little boys (1 and 2 years old). You can imagine the outcome. I ended up with her when she was 5 months old and the family had dubbed her child aggressive (which she isn't) and didn't want her any longer.

So you see cruelty and stupidity is not only about birds my friend, it's all around us.

All we can do is the best that we can do for our beloved Pets , and as best as we can educate the people that we come in contact with.
Attachments
DANNY BOY
DANNY BOY
THOMAS
THOMAS
GILLIE GIRL
GILLIE GIRL
KATY PUP
KATY PUP
IMG-0c4233a2d3fc799a96b43e26cae604ea-V.jpg (9.78 KiB) Viewed 951 times
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Wow atleast u have saved them all
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:01 pm

lovezebs
i hope this one got one of those bites
link

and more here
link
Last edited by andiok on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:05 pm

lovezebs
Lucky pets with an awesome mom
you've got a great heart Elana

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Fraza andiok

Holy Crap!!! Rotten SOB...poor tiny birdies.

He should have tried that with Love Birds, he'd be found with some body parts missing and I would applaud the birds =D>

Some of these stories are almost hard to believe, they are just so insane... the monkeys and the three crocs, and the lizards.... ok, they are all absolutely insane. If it wasn't sad, it would be funny...oh heck who am I kidding, it is funny in a very very crazy way.

I feel sorry for these poor creatures, but those idiots, oh my god!

I joked a couple of years ago about going State side with a 44D bra and bringing back some Buntings, but never thought any crazy person would actually do it, and with snakes of all things.

As to my rescued pets, they paid me back a hundred times over and then some, with their love and loyalty and devotion.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:15 pm

andiok

Some articles like the humming bird -smuggler article I will dismiss as a complete lie. Those hummingbirds with their "mouths taped shut" would have died in an hour or two.....probably less from lack of nectar with their high metabolism and high state of fear and heart-rate.

A hummingbird has to save up enough stores of calories just to survive SLEEPING at night. And they almost go into a coma while sleeping in order to do this.

No "smuggler" is going to go through this knowing the birds all will be dead before the plane lands.

I see the Daily Mail as a great source for propaganda, especially for the "humans are all evil and must be eradicated" group.

Cute photo shoot. Unfortunately not as much fun for the birds, as for the photographers, IMHO

Think about it, my friend ;)
Last edited by Babs _Owner on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Babs
i believe every word you say Babs but do you think the idiot that tried to smug the birds is that intelligent???
plus this hummingbird story i saw it on the news as well so its not a made up story.
For the others, dont know what to say :D :D but i really like to think that the people smuggling the animals got a nasty bite :lol: :lol:

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 pm

andiok

I would love for a smuggler to get their justice (just like you), but the real smugglers do it through our governments, on our government trade ships and with their nice tidy papers all in order.

THEY need to be brought to justice.

And yes I REALLY dont beleive it if it was on television. The weather in my state will be "slight wind with light rain" and its reported in another state as "catastrophic hurricane with multiple deaths". Absolute LIES . We all have relatives in other states and we know the lies, we see it daily.

An odd person with a few snakes in their trousers, or 50 turtles on a turnip truck are certainly not the reason our species being endangered.

They use people in poverty to collect their "prized specimens" then blame the odd person here or there for the carnage so they can justify that the very humans they sell their "wares" to, are to blame.

Its a wicked business. The animals suffer, and since these people are usually involved in human slavery as well....they make sure the average human suffers and takes the blame.

Its a diversion tactic. When I think of the children they sell and trade (as Elana mentioned) it makes me even more angry. In the US we are finding out these people (if you call them that) are also "legally" ADOPTING our kids from our orphanages for a lifetime of slave labor and other sadistic practices I will not mention......... these kids, their identity disappears from our systems and they live a lifetime of pain. For however long their "owners" allow them to live.

So it's nothing for them to import/smuggle species of birds in mass if they anticipate the supply and demand. Piece of cake when allowed already to do it with humans in mass.

I don't watch television, but many citizens here know our kids here are getting plucked up like fish in a bucket.....or like cockatoos in a bottle, metaphorically speaking.

I cannot for any reason beleive that article. :^o

Stop the human trafficking at the core, and the animal trafficking will cease as well.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:09 pm

andiok

By the way, a big ole southern hug. :YMHUG: We have a tendency to just say it as it is. And its not pretty, all around.

andiok
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by andiok » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Babs
Hahaha I like honesty no matter how bitter it could be.
I totally agree with what you said, except for that incident I believe to be true :lol: :lol:
And thanks for the hug, really appreciate it :P

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am