Orange breast?

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Orange breast?

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:38 am

These are my two babies that died. Just wondering why they had orange breasts? Im guessing they were both black face as father was black face pied and mother was cfw pied
Attachments
4946C580-F184-4C8F-A0BB-249798C8E561.jpeg
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Orange breast?

Post by haroun » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:18 am

Flight Feathers so sorry forthe lost zebra babies. :?
no that color isn't orange but regular belly color for the grey line zebra mutation . may be i'm wrong and it's too earlier to state cuze they 're so little to discriminate the tear drop-bill area #-o but i think that Grey one was BF .
why have them died at this stage parents don't abondon their chicks , nest hygien problem ? what kind of nest do you use? does the weather been hot? parents are them related?!

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:33 pm

haroun wrote: Flight Feathers so sorry forthe lost zebra babies. :?
no that color isn't orange but regular belly color for the grey line zebra mutation . may be i'm wrong and it's too earlier to state cuze they 're so little to discriminate the tear drop-bill area #-o but i think that Grey one was BF .
why have them died at this stage parents don't abondon their chicks , nest hygien problem ? what kind of nest do you use? does the weather been hot? parents are them related?!
Thank you, I miss them. They were abandoned by their parents so I ended up hand rearing them. One of them was younger and had an empty crop when I brought it in. It started going down hill after about a week inside. It died from the same food being in its crop for about 2 days... and the older one died of loneliness after the first one died. I think it was making little crying sort of noises.

As for the colors the darker grey had an orange breast too. Neither of them had normal grey coloration as far as I can tell. Especially the dark grey. And both had the ginger/orange breasts.

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:19 pm