Mutation ???

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Mutation ???

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 7:06 am

So he must be old enough to identify now but I just want to know why his back has an orange tint and all black tail he’s a Male he’s got his dots coming through on other side so can’t waut to see when he’s all coloured
Attachments
A977DC97-946A-4759-9859-DCBF48349894.jpeg
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Mutation ???

Post by haroun » Sat May 05, 2018 10:05 am

Grey split for a set linked, wich one could
Fawn
ySome Gray males can be identified as being split for Fawn by a buff belly and traces of brown in the wings, but since some brown in the wings is normal for a Gray Zebra, this is not a sure way to determine splits. This method is best used in a single line or family of birds that has both splits and non-splits to compare to.

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Sat May 05, 2018 10:09 am

Gray males that are split for CFW (either variety) can sometimes be identified by a slight white lacing on the leading edge of some wing feathers

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 2:22 pm

haroun Ohright okay that’s good to know I can look out for this in the future then

And I have some bad news I have to get rid of limpy he’s carried the traits of his dad even though he was raised by society’s he jeeeos attacking my other society’s and he’s tree my breedin pair of stars out of the nest they have just made also destroyed my hecks nest he’s turned really bad I was hoping he would take after his mum as she’s passive but no !

I’m going to have to sell him for free obviously because of his leg but I’m going to try and find someone who will just have him in an aviary so he’s not going to be trapped in some tiny breeding cage
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat May 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Fraza wrote: haroun Ohright okay that’s good to know I can look out for this in the future then

And I have some bad news I have to get rid of limpy he’s carried the traits of his dad even though he was raised by society’s he jeeeos attacking my other society’s and he’s tree my breedin pair of stars out of the nest they have just made also destroyed my hecks nest he’s turned really bad I was hoping he would take after his mum as she’s passive but no !

I’m going to have to sell him for free obviously because of his leg but I’m going to try and find someone who will just have him in an aviary so he’s not going to be trapped in some tiny breeding cage
Oh no ! I hope you can find him a good home.
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sat May 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Flight Feathers Ano but am still annoyed I thought being brought up by society’s would make him social but obvs now
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL