What colour would I get ?

Learn about mutations and expected breeding outcomes.
sungirl
Pip
Pip

What colour would I get ?

Post by sungirl » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi...If I have a normal male Zebra and my female is white....what colour would that give to the chicks ?
Thks..
Johann

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 pm

Does the female have black teardrops under her eyes, or is she completely white with no markings whatsoever?

sungirl
Pip
Pip

Post by sungirl » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi crystal, yes she has black like lines under her eyes...and she has a lite tone of beige on her back but, very pale........

Crystal
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Crystal » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:31 am

She sounds like she is probably a chestnut flanked white (CFW) which is a sex-linked recessive trait. This means that if you pair her with a normal male who is not carrying the genes for CFW, all of the babies will look normal like the father.

The boy babies, however, will be carrying the CFW trait and will be able to produce some CFW daughters. They could also produce CFW sons if you pair them with a CFW hen.

sungirl
Pip
Pip

Post by sungirl » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi.....ok It took me a couple of times reading yr answer to figure it all out but, I got it ! lol

thk's for the reply,
Have a great day,
Johann

Thalia
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by Thalia » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:09 pm

lol your babies will probably turn out looking like my babies, since this is the pairing I have :) Unless you luck out and your male is carrying the same genes that make the female the colour she is. Under the Breeding section I have a thread that has pics of my babies :)