New Community cage fighting

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
Jamm972
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

New Community cage fighting

Post by Jamm972 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:28 pm

So I finnaly separated the babies from mom and dad because the new babies are about to hatch in the next 2 days. I put the juvenile babies in a medium community flight cage. After doing this I am observing fighting amongst all 3. I can't tell if there mad cause I moved them. Fighting because there hungry. Or are finnaly fitting territorial.
I was told to keep them in a community for a few weeks so they can learn what it's like. Should I be patient and let them adjust for the next 24 hours. Funny thing is they weren't really fighting in the smaller divided cage wile daddy fed them through the bars. I was told that fighting is a sign that there might be 2 males. Where does everyone else stand on this situation.

And yes if anybody is woundering, they babies were observed eating on there own as well as begging dad to still feed them. All 3 of them choked down on a fresh apple slice.

Attached is a pic of them in the new cage.
Attachments
3 juvenile chicks in there first cage without the parents.
3 juvenile chicks in there first cage without the parents.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: New Community cage fighting

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:51 pm

Jamm972

Place some swings and greenery in there to keep them occupied .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Lots of toys to preen and tug. Bells, bunches of thick cotton string are big favorites.
~Dylan

~~~

Jamm972
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by Jamm972 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:08 pm

thanks lovezebs and Sheather i already had a swing in there, but added some block toys. I haven't observed much more fighting . i think they were just angry and being greedy over the food. Because daddy was still feeding them when they wined begging for food. they are eating both the soft egg food and the seed. I haven't seen them touch the greens though. But they do love apples :) maybe tomorrow i will add 2 apples at each side for a treat :)