Morning sun vs Evening sun

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
Jamm972
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Morning sun vs Evening sun

Post by Jamm972 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm

So here is 2 pics. I am moving the canaries to a new room. The new room and window get the afternoon and evening sun light. The old window only gave them the morning sunlight. The daylight is about the same though. Does anybody see a problem with the transition. The only big difference besides the lighting is the new room is a little more on the warmer side like high 80's. It does have AC but it's not as good and controlled as the old room was. Any advice on the transition for the canaries? I have attacked pics. The pics with the cages is the old room and window. The new room and window does not have the cages there yet.
Attachments
This is the new window and room. Showing the evening sun light.
This is the new window and room. Showing the evening sun light.
This is the old window and room.
This is the old window and room.

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Re: Morning sun vs Evening sun

Post by lem2bert » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:55 am

Hi I am new and just found you're post. I just recently moved my 2 canaries from a room in my house with a window facing south to a 3 seasoned porch full of windows and facing west. The room is warmer from the afternoon sun but it has more windows for air circulation . They seem to be doing fine. I would think a drastic change might harm them but just watch for any signs of distress. My birds are doing fine and love the light . Hope this helps :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.