New feather babies

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
FallenIce
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

New feather babies

Post by FallenIce » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm

Hello everyone. Today I went to the Mid American Caged Bird Feather Fair. I went intending to get a couple more finches but instead left with a pair of canaries. They are my first male and female pair of canaries. I have them in their own flight cage. Will they get along ok? I'm going to be putting in a nest after they get settled in. The female is yellow lizard in color and the male is fawn in color, they don't have names yet. I'm excited, I've always wanted a pair of canaries and now I do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The female
The female
The male
The male
A lovely pair
A lovely pair
2 zebra finches: Charcoal & Fost
9 society finches: Elvis, Priscilla, Splash, Dash, Beatle, Coco, Blonde, Cricket, & Numbers
2 canaries: Jewel & Boomer
4 parakeets: Birdie, Strips, Moondoggie,
& Gidget

1 shiba inu: Blazing Skies
1 calico tabby cat: Autumn
1 Husband and 2 Daughters

Ricardo Ronsini
Novice Nester
Novice Nester

Re: New feather babies

Post by Ricardo Ronsini » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Nice birds congrats =D>

A pair would get along just fine, but if you want the male to sing hardcore, it's better to setlle him in his own cage.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:42 pm

FallenIce

Congratulations!

Canaries, are wonderful pet birds, and you will find that they will become used to you and friendlier than your finches.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

GouldianGuy
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by GouldianGuy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 am

Ricardo Ronsini wrote: Nice birds congrats =D>

A pair would get along just fine, but if you want the male to sing hardcore, it's better to setlle him in his own cage.
Or turn on the dishwasher.... my guy would go to TOWN trying to out compete