New Additions

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
Christian
Nestling
Nestling

New Additions

Post by Christian » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:29 pm

It's been a very enjoyable summer raising fifes. I lost two for unknown reasons. But that can happen. I'm getting two non-buff fife hens. One is white and the other is cinnamon. Will be line breeding starting March. Oh so far away. Will post pics when they arrive next week.

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Re: New Additions

Post by lem2bert » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Christian

Sorry about the loss of your fifes. I agree sometimes it happens it also happen to me I lost one of my canaries this summer. I was right in the room he was fine one minute and just fell to the floor the next, never showed any signs of anything wrong.

Congratulations on your new fifes. The colors sound beautiful :) Can't wait to see the pictures .
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 pm

Christian

Good luck with the newcomers.

It must have been a bad Summer for Canaries, I lost two as well :cry: , sorry about your two.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Christian
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Christian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 pm

lovezebs wrote: Christian

Good luck with the newcomers.

It must have been a bad Summer for Canaries, I lost two as well :cry: , sorry about your two.
My two fife hens arrived today. A cinnamon and a white. All my canaries are totally frightened off the white one. Guessing it will take a few days to adjust to a new color. At least they're not picking on her.
On a side note. One of my canary boys is learning how to sing. I put my face right up to the cage and he sings his heart out. He's an inch from my face singing proudly. They are so adorable.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:42 pm

Christian

Congratulations on the new arrivals.

I love White Canaries <3 and at some point will get one.

It sounds like you're really enjoying your birdies.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Christian
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Christian » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:13 pm

lovezebs wrote: Christian

Congratulations on the new arrivals.

I love White Canaries <3 and at some point will get one.

It sounds like you're really enjoying your birdies.
Yes they are a joy to watch. As soon as I enter the room, the singing begins. I work the overnight shift, so it's nice to get my spirits lifted by their personalities when I get home.