Canary Breeding

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Canary Breeding

Post by Flight Feathers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Okay, so my female canary is incubating eggs now and I'm just wondering... How old are baby canaries before they leave the nest? And how long are they out of the nest before they are weaned? Thanks!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

adoumski
Mature
Mature

Re: Canary Breeding

Post by adoumski » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Flight Feathers they will hatch between 13 and 16 days of incubation, usually on day 14

they will start jumping out of the nest by they time they are about two weeks old and are weaned and eating alone by 30 days old.

but not all birds are the same, you will find some to be more adventurous and they leave the nest early, some wean earlier, some take their time...

best of luck
Adam
Officially nicknamed Radagast by my family =))

Canaries: norwich, borders, glosters, lizzards, timbrados,
red factor, fifes
Stewy a Pied Cockatiel Male

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Canary Breeding

Post by Flight Feathers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Okay thank you! I was looking back on how long my canary eggs took to hatch last time and it was 16 days. Will it be the same Everytime for my canaries or will it be different? Thanks!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds