Breeding Success!

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Breeding Success!

Post by canary3000 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:15 pm

After all the concern about in fertile eggs, I am now a proud bapi again. Two nests with a total of seven fife chicks. All the birds in the room are singing! I've got the windows wide open (with screen), letting the warm gentle breeze in. It sure lifts the spirits! Hope to begin gardening in a couple weeks. Growing lots of greens for the birds. Garden isn't too big, 15' x 25'. Hope everyone else is doing well emotionally. It's been a tough winter for all. I understand why older people want to move south. Winter can be draining!!!

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Re: Breeding Success!

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun May 06, 2018 10:53 pm

canary3000 wrote: After all the concern about in fertile eggs, I am now a proud bapi again. Two nests with a total of seven fife chicks. All the birds in the room are singing! I've got the windows wide open (with screen), letting the warm gentle breeze in. It sure lifts the spirits! Hope to begin gardening in a couple weeks. Growing lots of greens for the birds. Garden isn't too big, 15' x 25'. Hope everyone else is doing well emotionally. It's been a tough winter for all. I understand why older people want to move south. Winter can be draining!!!
Wow congratulations!!!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Clairecanary15
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Breeding Success!

Post by Clairecanary15 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:07 am

Hi Im new :D

What greens do you plan on growing?

Im trying some canary grass..abit of the canary native. Ive also sprinkled some of the canary seed in some pots...do you know if it ok for them to eat once grown. I also feed dandelions. .our garden is full of them

Claire