Sunflex24 YouTube

Although they are technically passerines, canaries tend to be managed uniquely, so here is a forum just for them!
canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Sunflex24 YouTube

Post by canary3000 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:37 pm

I will attempt to make a how to video on setting up the sunflex24. Be a few weeks, but will try to make it an easy to follow guide. At least that's my hope.

Clairecanary15
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Sunflex24 YouTube

Post by Clairecanary15 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Could you explain what a sunflex24 is?

Is it lighting? I want to get some uv lights for my cages for my canaries inside but I am unsure of wattage..times etc...

canary3000
Nestling
Nestling

Re: Sunflex24 YouTube

Post by canary3000 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Clairecanary15 wrote: Could you explain what a sunflex24 is?

Is it lighting? I want to get some uv lights for my cages for my canaries inside but I am unsure of wattage..times etc...
Sunflex24 is a light timing device. A small box with a touch screen. You plug it in and go from there. You also need a daylight bulb with cord and socket. And an incandescent bulb (not LED) with cord and socket. Both cords plug into the Sunflex24. What you can do with the sunflex24: program it to increase or decrease amount of light. Just like in nature. Set times when and how long sunrise and sunsets should last. For example I set my sunflex to start sunrise at 7am for 10 min. That means every day at 7am your dimming bulb will increase brightness until 10 minutes. Then your daylight bulb kicks on and your dimming bulb turns off. I set my sunset at 9pm. Once 9pm reaches, the dimming bulb kick on, your daylight bulbs turns off. I chose to have sunset last 15 min. So the sunset last 15 min and then obviously is off. You can set times to breeding mode, rest mode....During breeding mode I make lights increase a bit everyday. At rest mode I make lights decrease a bit everyday. You have total control. Sounds complicated but it's not. Sorry for the long response. Sunflex24 gives you total control of your lights and their actions. All on a simple touch screen menu.
For lights check out breedingcage.com--perfect for your canaries!