When to tame baby budgies

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
Animalzoo
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

When to tame baby budgies

Post by Animalzoo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi,

I've just updated my previous topic here about my baby budgies, and thankfully all is going well.

The reason for this topic is I am thinking ahead. I want to choose one of my new babies to be my pet. Not to breed, just to keep with me and be my buddy. I'm going to have 10 to choose from and at the moment their ages range from 17 days to just 7 days. Feeding is going well by the mums so I do not have a need to have to hand feed anyone.

I was wondering, if I want to accomplishment a bond with a budgie and have one completely tame and used to me and humans, from what age is this best from?

I've also just posted this similar question in the finch breeding section as I also have zebra babies at about the same age and I would like to do something similar with them. Realising the 2 breeds are completely different please rest assured I know the different between them. The budgie is to be my buddy, I want a male too but from what age can I estimate their sex to be able to chose? Should I select a baby early on and assist with the weaning or even feeding. I have Exact hand rearing food on standby and I do have the tools to assist but ideally why separate a wee one from their mum when mums know best!

Thoughts? :-?
Sue.x