Bourke & Scarlet-chested Parakeet

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushy-C ... 0659711916

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: DO WE HAVE A... COCKATIEL! Expert?

Post by Sheather » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:51 am

MiaCarter

Gracie is too perfect. Such a sweet character.

Our little parrot has by now learned the joys of fun and games and surprise wake-up calls of his lazy human with a dance on the head and a flawless imitation of the telephone (something we've spontaneously remembered we can do just today) in his ear until he gets up to play with you. He has mastered the art of looping flights down the steep stairwell, through the kitchen, and across the house back the other way to visit Grandma in her chair in the downstairs living room - and back. He's discovered the fun of hide-and-seek with his person, hiding in the pillows as I sneak off into another room and hide and then call out once, giving him the signal to come tearing through the house on his wings to find me and look through every room, and upon succeeding landing on my shoulder and doing a little victory "song and dance" routine to show how pleased he is with himself. He's learned the game of "peekaboo" with my aunt, putting his head down into the blanket as she covers her eyes, then popping up and whistling when she uncovers and says "Peekaboo!" in perfect simultaneous action which can go on a dozen times in a row. He loves to sit on the computer and sing along with 'people music', and he goes ecstatic for videos of other cockatiels singing their songs. First thing every morning without fail, he joins me in the shower and pretty much falls asleep in bliss under the massaging spray in my arms and enjoying a great belly scratch on top of it before eventually jumping up to the curtain rod to shake off and sing along with the noise of the water while cleaning his feathers. He's even survived the tragedy that was finding his person briefly had left him alone and his flying straight into the shower (where else could I have gone?) to find me, only to realize I was not there and accidentally pull down a towel and become terribly trapped in the bathtub crying for help as if he was in mortal danger (the towel was so light he could easily escape it given another few seconds, but we came back up just in time to find him under it calling for assistance XD ).

He's discovered under-bed spelunking, interrupted by an excited hop into the air and a "CLICK!", just like that of a camera, every time he stumbles upon some sort of exciting crumb or stain on the floor or *gasp* the incredible treasure which is a PENNY (mine forever! Look at this! Look at this amazing penny! Can you believe I found it? Wow it's amazing! Oh look another stain!...".

Then there is the fun of people-watching out the big bedroom windows overlooking the street below and the bliss that comes from a nap cuddled in a pile of pillows on your person's bed while your owner tries to work at his computer across the room constantly distracted by your cuteness. The exciting game of "bird scatter", of jumping into a pile of finches at the salad bar and sending them in all directions to steal their lunch - and the absolute terror which comes from 'the monsters' - the budgerigars, beasts he seems to view with an instinctive apprehension, who occasionally attempt play with the teil, coming at him with their horrible fluttering wings and strange alien noises, sending him running in terror for the protection of his human family. There is also the horrible, super scary rumble of the 'street monsters', the horrible big trucks that sometimes come by and give little cockatiels a terrible but adorable scare, sending them running for cover under the nearest pile of pillows or inside the nearest person's shirt he can find until it goes away.
~Dylan

~~~

MiaCarter
Molting
Molting

Post by MiaCarter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Oh my goodness, what a little cutie pie.

That's so funny how he looked for you in the shower! That's hilarious! Such a smart little boy!

You've *got* to get his phone sound on video! I'd love to see that!

He sounds like such a little love bug. I love that he's visiting your granny. I bet she loves his visits.

I hope that someday my Hunter will discover all the joys that your Gracey has discovered. He sounds so darn happy (and you do too!) So very fortunate.
Humum to....
13 Zebra Finches....and 2 squeeps!
3 Society Finches
6 Gouldians
1 Weaver
1 Pintail Whydah
2 Cockatiels
2 Parakeets

....along with 1 MinPin, 1 Pug, 1 JRT, 1 Yorkie, 2 Chihuahuas and 15 cats.

www.PetFinchFacts.com

Colt
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Colt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:38 am

What a perfect fit for your family. I like cockatiels but have never been a huge fan of them. I guess it's all the years of handfeeding the little monsters... but Gracey is a super cutie!

Amethyst Starling
BF and RT Parrot Finch
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin
Lady Gouldian
Owl Finch
Shaft-tail Finch
Society Finch
Star Finch
Strawberry
Tri-colored Nun
Zebra Finch
Diamond Dove
Bourke & Scarlet-chested Parakeet

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushy-C ... 0659711916

KarenB
Proven
Proven

Post by KarenB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 am

Gracie sounds like a pure delight. Wow, looking for you in the shower. So smart.

Makes me miss my Coco, and she has been gone for 20 years now.
KarenB

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Doin' some foraging.

~Dylan

~~~

Sheather
Proven
Proven