Which toys do you find your budgies like best?

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds

What toys do your parakeets like best?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Shredders
33%
bell toys
33%
Wooden
33%
Acrylic
No votes
Ropes
No votes
Foot toys
No votes
Swings
No votes
Foraging
No votes

Total votes: 3

Harley2013
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Which toys do you find your budgies like best?

Post by Harley2013 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Some..... Like me, cannot make up my mind on budgie toys to buy. I know some budgies are all individuals, but was looking for a common demoninator. It's a shame to buy a grip of toys that " we" may think they will like and some can be expensive, only to find out they are never touched so let's see what our more experienced budgie owners have discovered.
Tammie (ME!);D

Harley (Red-factor canary)~ RIP my songbird ~5/4/14
Franklin & Olive ( budgie)
Lou (19 year old son)
Tanner (24 year old son)
Love of my life Lou Jr.

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: Which toys do you find your budgies like best?

Post by Sheather » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:26 pm

My three male parakeets play all the time (the hen generally does not very much, but I think only because she never had toys before), and they love-love-love bells, or mirror/bell combo toys they can jingle. They especially love these two little disco ball toys I found at Petsmart, which reflect light in all directions and have a little bell at the bottom. They will play with these all day long. They also love the little plastic wicker balls with the jingly bells inside. I attach these to little plastic springs and they then bounce all around like crazy when hit, like a punching bag, which they find very entertaining. They also love to wind through interwoven plastic rings hung below a perch.

My female budgie enjoys shredding paper, but the males utterly ignore it. All of them love to tear leaves and bark from natural branches. My budgies mostly ignore swings except simply as a place to sit. They don't play with them.
~Dylan

~~~