For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Eating Raw Eggs?

Post by lovezebs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:11 pm

MiaCarter

Thanks Mia, will have to look them up.
I'm a true Library fan. Love everything about Libraries, especially old Libraries. Just love the smell of old books and new books ad well.
Nothing like the excitement and expectation of cracking open a brand new book, that no one has read before. And there's nothing like gently opening an old book, wondering about all the other hands that have opened this same book, and the many eyes that have looked over these same pages.

How can you tell, that I love books? :-)

~Elana~

P.S. I can vouch for the Dragons of Pern series by Ann McCaffrey, that Colt speaks of.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MiaCarter
Molting
Molting

Post by MiaCarter » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:40 pm

lovezebs -- OMG, yes. I love, love, love the smell of books, the feel of the pages.
And I love libraries! Book stores too. I sometimes get lost in them for hours.
I just love everything about books, for that matter, so I totally get it!

I don't get out much to the book store, so most of my books are ebooks.
I love the instant gratification of reading a book right now this very second. But I've got a huge collection of books that I'm always reading and re-reading.
Humum to....
13 Zebra Finches....and 2 squeeps!
3 Society Finches
6 Gouldians
1 Weaver
1 Pintail Whydah
2 Cockatiels
2 Parakeets

....along with 1 MinPin, 1 Pug, 1 JRT, 1 Yorkie, 2 Chihuahuas and 15 cats.

www.PetFinchFacts.com

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Colt
Of course I've read the Dragons of Pern series, Colt. Where do you think, Jaxom, Mirrim, and Sharra, come from? lol.

I've enjoyed them for years and years.

However, I must say, that Todd's style does not really appeal to me, the way his Mom's did. I find that he tends to fly off in too many different directions or something. Too many characters. For some reason, I find it difficult to focus on his books.

The first one I read, was Dragonsong. However, I would actually start the series, with.... 'Dragonflight'. It sort of starts off the story, I think, and explains things more.

Darn it, Colt..... Now you got me wanting to start reading the whole thing again. See what you've done? And I still want a Fire Lizard .

@MiaCarter

Now I'm sure you have read the series, but I would definitely recommend, the Lord Of The Rings series, as a good read. If you enjoy animal stories with a hilarious twist, pick up any of the James Herriot books. Very enjoyable.

~Elana~
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:50 pm

MiaCarter & Colt

How pray tell, did we start with raw egg eating birds, and end up on books????

Please 'splain!

~Elana~
~Elana~

Colt
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Colt » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:08 am

Haha no kidding!

And I knew you'd read them lovezebs, I just didn't know if you'd read the entire series. I agree some of Todd's books have so much going on and I have to stretch myself to actually understand what he's talking about. Haha

I started with the trilogy Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and then The White Dragon. And then I started chronologically with The Chronicles of Pern, Dragondawn, al the way through Todd's who are kind of in that empty space from the colonization of Pern to practically Lessa and F'lar's time period. (I think it's the constant time traveling and the extreme HAD (Hear All Dragon) characters and their very overpowered telepathy that I struggle to get through. However I like the sexual boundaries he pushes with his characters. Anne was a bit more conservative. And then I believe that last book chronologically is All the Skies of Pern. Which only left me wanting more.

If it wasn't for school and all these birds I'd go home and start reading them again right now.

Amethyst Starling
BF and RT Parrot Finch
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin
Lady Gouldian
Owl Finch
Shaft-tail Finch
Society Finch
Star Finch
Strawberry
Tri-colored Nun
Zebra Finch
Diamond Dove
Bourke & Scarlet-chested Parakeet

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushy-C ... 0659711916

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am

Colt

I just might have to start all over again, and try and work myself into Todd's books again. Maybe it will click better this time around....

~Elana~
~Elana~

MiaCarter
Molting
Molting

Post by MiaCarter » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:00 am

lovezebs --- You know, it's funny.
I've tried to watch the LOTR films many times, but I just hate them! I find them boring, which subsequently makes them hard to follow because I tune out and lose track of what's going on. (I *want* to like them because the new films never seem to end and I love seeing books brought to life, especially fantasy where you have all sorts of interesting creatures.)

But someone else also recommended reading the books, saying they're way better. So I read the first one and I loved it! I need to get to the others! They're all on my list.

I didn't know that Sharra, Mirrim and Jaxom were all from books! Clever. I went on a Harry Potter naming kick for a long time. I think I went through every good name in there!

So how did we get here?
Elena --> Misspelling derived from a book --> The Belial Library and other good books --> and here we are! LOL
Humum to....
13 Zebra Finches....and 2 squeeps!
3 Society Finches
6 Gouldians
1 Weaver
1 Pintail Whydah
2 Cockatiels
2 Parakeets

....along with 1 MinPin, 1 Pug, 1 JRT, 1 Yorkie, 2 Chihuahuas and 15 cats.

www.PetFinchFacts.com

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:07 am

MiaCarter

Ahhh.... So when it comes down to it, 'eggs' lead to good things, eh?

As to Harry Potter, for some reason I could never get into the books.
It's like you with the LOTR movies, 'wanted' to like them.... but it never happened.

Aren't we a funny lot, with what we like, and what we don't? :-)

~Elana~
~Elana~