New Parrotlet w/o leg band...Is that ok?

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
J-Netty
Hatchling
Hatchling

New Parrotlet w/o leg band...Is that ok?

Post by J-Netty » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 pm

Hey, everyone!

I have a question... I'm bringing home a new Parrotlet today, but the breeder did not band his foot. Is that a problem? If so, what should I do. She's getting out of the breeding business, expecting her second child tomorrow. I'm not going to breed this bird, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Jeanette
Attachments
IMG_7954.jpeg
J-Netty
2 Lady Gouldians, 2 Cordon Blues, 2 Owl Finches, and 2 green back twinspots! And a blue Parrotlet!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: New Parrotlet w/o leg band...Is that ok?

Post by lovezebs » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 pm

J-Netty

An un-banded bird is fine, lol. There are a lot of birds out there, who are not banded.

It just means that she didn't get around to banding this kid (for whatever the reason). It also means that you need to ask her this bird's Information , so that you can write it down for your records, such as age, hatching date, and if you want to know, the parent's info (which has nothing to do with banding) but just for your own curiosity.

Good luck with your new baby.

Elana
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~