Freddy and Todd the Cockatiels

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
Sheather
Proven
Proven

Freddy and Todd the Cockatiels

Post by Sheather » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 pm

This is Todd (cinnamon pearl pied), and Freddy (gray).
They are best pals. Freddy is 5 months, and Todd is a real baby - he is just 69 days.

I have sold four more of the other birds, both canaries and my waxbills, as I've transitioned overly mostly to the hookbills. I've just eleven birds now, which is the least I've had in almost two years. I find these days the little parrots are more where my interest lies. I'll still be keeping a few societies, and I may get another singing canary in the future, ideally a young one I could hand-train.

But for now my 3 budgerigars, 2 cockatiels, 2 diamond doves, 3 society finches and ringneck dove can all be, and are being, extra spoiled. And I have time for other occupations again.

Todd is a real sweet one. He's a hand-fed and well-socialized bird from a local breeder and he is the biggest cuddlebug who will snuggle against you forever in bliss. Freddy is a bit more aloof, not a fan of touching, and I don't think he was hand-reared, but both of them are finger-tamed and like people - just in different ways.

~Dylan

~~~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Freddy and Todd the Cockatiels

Post by lovezebs » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Sheather

What beautiful boys, Dylan. Congregations :-)

I love the grayish feathers on the baby Todd's back. It looks like someone sat there with a water colour brush, and outlined each one.

Lovely picture, with the two sitting by the window, with their little head feathers raised up.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

dunker817
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by dunker817 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Your tiels are beautiful. Tiels can have such distinct personalities can't they?
Layne

One male Spanish Timbrado canary, two Grasskeets, four Cockatiels, and two Cairn Terriers.
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.
Antone France

Kelly
Perfect Partner
Perfect Partner

Post by Kelly » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:45 pm

So pretty
K℮ɭɭϒ

Never be guilty of sacrificing any portion of truth on the altar of of peace~ JC Ryle