What Can You Tell Me About 'Linnies' ?

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

What Can You Tell Me About 'Linnies' ?

Post by lovezebs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello All Hookbill Enthusiasts

I've been doing some reading about different species of Hookbills, and when it comes to personality, I keep coming across 'Linnies' (Lineolated Parakeets). I keep reading that they are sweet, gentle, laid back, trainable, cuddly, quiet, friendly, etc. etc.

What is the TRUTH about Linnies?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

KarenB
Proven
Proven

Re: What Can You Tell Me About 'Linnies' ?

Post by KarenB » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:18 pm

We raised linnies for a while. They are a species not fond of human hands, so if you want a cuddler, you have to almost get a hand fed one and handle it daily. They really don't bite and are very sweet and playful, always doing something. They actually need a fairly large cage for their size because of their high activity level, but they are not loud. They make sounds that I cannot mimmick, and are very cute. They come in different colors, and green is the nominant (natural) color.
KarenB

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: What Can You Tell Me About 'Linnies' ?

Post by lovezebs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 pm

KarenB

Thanks Karen,

If and or when I do decide to get one, it would be a baby, that I could hand raise.

They do come in pretty colours. I'm leaning towards the yellow, but the cobalt blues are very pretty, and the greens are so charming, lol.

If hand raised, do they become closely bonded with their humans ? Will they snuggle, ride around on your shoulder, preen you, etc. ?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~