Can't Believe Some People.....

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Can't Believe Some People.....

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:27 am

Hello Bird Lovers,

I found this ad this morning on kijiji, and it has left me shaking my head .

How can anyone allow their bird to get to this state?
This poor baby, must have been so upset and so stressed out to pluck herself so severely . It's just heart breaking......

But hey, 'got myself a Cockateil. ....' so I'll toss out this baby, like yesterday's newspaper, and hopefully make a few bucks out of it in the process. ......

I'm angry, and sad .

http://m.kijiji.ca/birds/calgary/blue-p ... 9692438133
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Can't Believe Some People.....

Post by Sally » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:15 am

Yes, get rid of the one that's causing trouble, and make a few bucks in the process. :shock: :evil:

It takes all kinds to make up this world, but it's hard to understand how someone could let their bird get to this state of plucking and then just discard it. I understand that many hookbills do destructive self-plucking, but you try to help it, not get rid of it.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:51 pm

Sally,

After having this little one for three years, you'd think that there is some emotional attachment (obviously the bird has formed an attached, to get so stressed and upset over the newcomer).

I e-mailed this person, offering to take this poor baby off their hands. Haven't heard back. Yea, I know, I'm just a sucker for a sad neglected birdling..... #-o
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

tam
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by tam » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:59 pm

I can't stand that, I get so angry. where we live we see alot of stray dogs on the side of the road and I don't understand why or how can people do that. that's great that you tried to contact that owner to take that bird off their hands. you have a big heart.- tam

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:25 pm

tam

Still haven't heard anything from the owner.

Thank goodness we don't have so many stay dogs here, or my home would be over run with pooches. We have a very good no kill humane society here, and many rescue organizations. We even bring in dogs from Mexico and high kill shelters from the States.
~Elana~

tam
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by tam » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Elana- I wish we had more organizations like that. -tam

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:11 pm

Wow, what a sad situation. I wish I could help all the helpless birds, cats, dogs, etc.; however, my home would be overcrowded and then they would not be in a good situation again. Whew, so we do what we can and pray for the rest.
DEBORAH

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:14 pm

On a happier note, I am posting an updated picture of Skye, my blue Quaker. He is six months old now and has learned to say, Hello, What ya doin? Come here. Good Boy, Hail Mary, I'll be back, and laughs so funny, I end up laughing with Skye. Also, he has learned to fetch balls, rings, etc. He dunks a basketball in a hoop and takes rings off a ring toss stand, turns around, waves, shakes, and is just so darn cute and smart! I love him and can't imagine someone letting these babies suffer all alone. Skye is so attached to me, that he wants to be wherever I am and flies to my shoulder or walks across the floor if he can't get to me by flying, so I just take him along so he's happy and safe.
Attachments
IMG_2974.jpg
DEBORAH

finchmix22
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by finchmix22 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:24 pm

The pic above is my niece with Skye. She loves him and he enjoys riding on her shoulder. He's been a great addition to our family. :mrgreen:
DEBORAH

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 pm

Sounds like Skye is doing wonderful, and so great that you have him as a companion. He is really learning a lot of tricks!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:42 pm

finchmix22

Hi there Deb. :D

Haven't heard much from you lately.

When I saw the picture, I was about to say....'How do you stay so young?' Then you spoiled it with your next post (explaining tbat it was your niece) lol.

Skye, is adorable, and sounds very smart.

Reg. The little Parotlet, the owner took the ad off, so either it was sold, or they decided to keep it.
~Elana~