Spilled the beans to Stacie, I got an Indian Ringneck

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
vinay
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Re: Spilled the beans to Stacie, I got an Indian Ringneck

Post by vinay » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 am

Babs wrote: vinay

OH MY GOSH he is GORGEOUS!! :mrgreen: The green is my absolute FAVORITE!! They didnt have a green :( The rosey pink on the back of his neck!! :YMDAYDREAM: Look at his clever eyes. I see mischief. heehee How old is he now?

I would love to hear his voice! Any video or recording on it?

Beautiful altar btw ;) He looks perfect perched and napping there
Haha I'm more of a fan of the mutations myself. The Violet Turquoise Pieds and the Clearhead/cleartail mutations are my personal favourites.

I have loads of videos on my phone but can't find a quick way to upload them. I will try it soon enough :D .

Make sure you teach him as many words/phrases/sounds as you can when hes young. I've noticed that once they reach maturity, they quickly figure out whats their favourite and tend to fixate on those sounds. My buddy had a wide range of sounds until 18 months but now only seems to stick to about 3-4 sounds even though hes capable of saying a lot more.
Babs wrote: slwatson Stuart whiting kyle Madcat
Its amazing to know how hardy ringnecks actually are to survive those winters in London, wow!
We have a huge feral population of IRNs here in Dubai as well. Even though temperatures can cross 50 degrees during the summers, they seem to be thriving. They truly are incredible survivors.

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:26 am

vinay

Hi there,

Absolutely agree, only just very recently IE this week I've noticed whilst I was in Ramsgate, East Kent, England I saw a pair of the ring necks here aswell,

Ramsgate is approximately 75 miles from London so it seems they've now branched right out now around the county of Kent aswell as London,

To be onest there are literally hundreds of em now throughout the whole of southeast England and rapidly covering more areas and counties,

If these can quite comfortably survive the coldest off our winters I'd say that they can pretty much survive anywhere where they are able to find food :-BD

vinay
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by vinay » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:50 am

Stuart whiting

Its amazing how they hardy they are being able to live and multiply in vastly different environments.

The only wild finches which can bear the summer heat here are the Indian Silverbills which are even found in the city.

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:57 am

vinay

I'd be inclined to agree with you as silverbills can pretty much tolerate anything put at them and cope with different conditions very well,

I do like a silverbill, ancestors of the bengalese ( society finch ) :mrgreen: