Happy Halloween! Spiders must die! Video

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Happy Halloween! Spiders must die! Video

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:35 am

I got crafty and made a bunch of Halloween toys yesterday and decorated Ronan's entire playtree.
Paper muffin holders and natural raffia are great for shredding. Plastic pumpkin candy cups are perfect for foraging for nuts. And I threw in some spooky surprises.

Ronan decided spiders MUST die! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGPq3DzKC44

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Re: Happy Halloween! Spiders must die! Video

Post by lem2bert » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Babs

Loved the video. You are so crafty ,his playtree looked great !! It sure looked like he was enjoying all the little surprises, should keep him busy for a few days. Happy Halloween Ronan ! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:21 pm

lem2bert

Thankyou! I have a blast making his toys.

I loved that the very first thing he did was go straight for the spider and flicked that sucker off his branch. :twisted: He's going to be a riot when he starts talking.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:00 am

Babs

Ronan, is absolutely a doll :YMHUG:

Now I saw that big second spider attack him, or was it just a bit of Halloween magic.... :wink:

He looks like he's having great fun.
Did you clip his wings?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:14 pm

lovezebs

Thanks girlie! Hahah! I think that spider gave him a dirty look, he was askin for it B-( Giggle He is great fun and really trying hard to talk. <3 He practices a lot.

The pet shop clips their wings. They wont regrow until his "adult " molt in about a year.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 pm

lovezebs

Tonight I told Ronan to "get the spider" pretty much thinking I was talking to myself.

He proceeded to go along the ENTIRE tree specifically bent on dispensing the spiders only!! :!: :!:

Every shape and size spider toy, he either destroyed or flicked off and ignored everything else.

I think we have bridged the communication gap in our home between parrot and human. Spiders must die :YMBRINGITON: must be a part of universal language. I'll try and get that on video tomorrow night.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Babs

Although not technically afraid of spiders, I am not a big fan either (although I do love their webs, especially after the rain).

I have a niece however, who is absolutely terrified of anything Arachnid. I mean she's the living embodiment of Arachnophobia in the flesh. One time she was out canoeing with my brother, when lo and behold, she saw a spider at the bottom of the canoe. Our girl proceeded to climb my brother like a tree, just barely missing dumping them both into deep cold lake water :roll: .

So if you ever desire to rehome Ronin, I think I might be able to find a home for the big bad spider hunter.

:D
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:48 pm

lovezebs

Yep. that would mean "forget the plunge into the water!!" Theres a SPIDER in the boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 pm

Babs

Well at least Ronan can have a good career, doing something he loves, lol.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:07 pm

lovezebs

Ill let her borrow him once in a while to eradicate her house! I'll put a tiny mining cap on his head and have Bubba bring him over in the 4x4. Bubba can follow around behind him with a sportlight. Snort! Let monster-truck-Charlie come along so he can learn how to smoosh 'em with those honkin' huge feet he's got. *giggle

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Babs

I think they would make a good team, lol. Supply him with some camo, and night vision goggles too (Ronan, not Bubba). I think he would look way cool.
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 pm

lovezebs

We can put monster-truck-smooshy face in the same gear complete with a backpack with supplies and beef jerky in case it turns into all night huntin' trip. B-)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Babs

He would look absolutely adorable <3

I really ought to dress him up ( while he's still a baby ) and snap some cute photos of him.

Oh I went and got him a new bed (to fit his current size) so that he wouldn't bug our little girl in her little princess bed.

View the result and get a good laugh.
Attachments
20161101_074238.jpg
~Elana~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 am

lovezebs

Hahahaha! OMG! Charlie has a camo-bed!! Bubba will be so proud! \M/ \M/

Aaaaaaaaaaand Katy nabbed it! (I knew she would ;) ) I cant wait to see him try and curl up on that little bed in another month, when only his head will fit. hee hee

I absolutely love your color choice for his bed. It definitely suits him. :YMDAYDREAM: When you get his outfits, go camo all the way!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:33 am

Babs

It was camo, or big yellow and purple flowers.... Bubba, would have fallen over in a dead faint :-O
What can I say, Charlie, would have been ashamed to have friends over, lol.

Oh, new developement.....
Danny has taken over the camo bed, pictures to follow....
~Elana~