Red rump parakeet?

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
ellen7
Hatchling
Hatchling

Red rump parakeet?

Post by ellen7 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:04 pm

I am not familiar with the red rump parakeet. There is a male red rump for sale but wanted to find out more about it before I contact the owner. I've had 2 budgies before and there were loud little fellows...the noise was too much. Does a male red rump make a lot of noise? I'd like to know more about their general character, life span, etc. if anyone can offer some insight. Do they need a cage mate? Thanks!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Red rump parakeet?

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:20 pm

ellen7

Although I am not familiar with these guys, I just came across an article which you may find very interesting (before making your decision).

https://rightpet.com/breed-species/bird ... d-parakeet
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

ellen7
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by ellen7 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:40 pm

Thanks lovezebs. I read the link and have decided that the red rump parakeet isn't the right bird for me.

I am still searching for Societies. A few weeks back, I was very close to buying a couple from a breeder but she asked if I could wait until sometime next year due to sudden obligations that appeared on her end.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:53 pm

ellen7

Glad to be of help :D
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~