Speaking of birds talking?

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
Finley16
Hatchling
Hatchling

Speaking of birds talking?

Post by Finley16 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:48 pm

I am sure I know the answer to this but has anyone ever here of the ladygould saying a word...I talk to mine all the time and today after church I thought for sure he said a word....I thought I had to be mistaken because these birds don't talk but I was taking a nap and TV was off and my little one was singing away and I heard it again...Is this impossible or am I losing my mind..I have had talking birds before..... :shock:
Love my pets..2 dogs..Maltese and yorkie..2 betafish, 2 fish tanks, and of course my ladygould finch..

Chrismurdoch3
Jute Junkie
Jute Junkie

Re: Speaking of birds talking?

Post by Chrismurdoch3 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Finches aren't usually known for talking but it doesn't mean they can't learn to mimic human sounds. What does it sound like your gouldian is saying? You may have a rare case on your hand :D :D
OWLS, GOULDIANS, SOCIETIES, AND FEW ZEBRAS

Finley16
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Finley16 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Chrismurdoch3 wrote: Finches aren't usually known for talking but it doesn't mean they can't learn to mimic human sounds. What does it sound like your gouldian is saying? You may have a rare case on your hand :D :D

Hello
Love my pets..2 dogs..Maltese and yorkie..2 betafish, 2 fish tanks, and of course my ladygould finch..

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Finches don't usually speak but are theoretically able to mimic, since I have experienced baby finches learning the courtship songs of completely different species. There have been sparrows recorded to speak a few words and supposedly if hand-reared, whydahs can talk.
~Dylan

~~~