Should I, Or Shouldn't I???

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Re: Should I, Or Shouldn't I???

Post by paul-inAZ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:35 am

No parrotlet breeding yet. I was thinking of setting them up when all of this stuff happened and stopped everything.
They had a clutch last year for previous owner.
Now they cuddle day and night like society finches, perhaps waiting for a nest box. I may give them one later this summer.

As to their bite it is way stronger than a lovebird's so handling one that is not tame is 'interesting' [=carefully]. If tame they can nip a bit if annoyed but that behavior isn't much of a worry.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 am

monotwine

Hi Monique, and welcome back :D

Thank you, and yes, Kenzie was a stunning special little boy, and yes, I do miss him.

That said, this thread is not just about needing the good old push over the line to convince me to go grab the first Linnie baby to come along.

Over the years I have come to differentiate between the 'I want' and 'I should have', although when it comes to birds, it's sometimes difficult, lol, and very often the 'I want,' wins out, lol.

With this though, I know the time commitment involved and I'm having an internal struggle between the 'I want', or 'do I really want?'

With Kenzie, it was love at first sight, there was no choice about it. He wasn't even completely weaned and he snuggled into me like he belonged there and wouldn't let go.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:12 pm

paul-inAZ

If their bite is stronger than that of a lovebird, then no thank you, lol.

I've had Lovebirds bite me so hard that there was blood shed, with my washroom looking like a scenes from a crime show.

When my last Lovebird went to it's reward, I swore off Lovebirds or anything like them... I actually sort of swore off birds altogether, but that obviously didn't last :roll:
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

monotwine
Proven
Proven

Post by monotwine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:48 am

Thanks Elana, sorry been skulking in the background from time to time. My own little fledgling keeping me very busy.

I was but pulling your leg. I know you are responsible in your considerations. The "I want" is always strong in us, but sometimes we have to really think long and hard.
Maybe another special bond, meant to be will come along and make up your mind for you.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:48 pm

monotwine

Thanks Monique,

We shall have to wait and see.
~Elana~