A New Little Companion

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

A New Little Companion

Post by lovezebs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi All,

After losing my little Freebee a few days ago, I noticed that her mate was moping around the cage, staring forlornly into the mirror which she used to favour. I felt sorry for him, as he had never been alone before.

So when I went to the Pet shop for my monthly seed and dog food buying expedition, I decided to look at the Budgie display. There were quite a few Budgies to choose from, but a skinny little yellow and green boy caught my attention for some reason.

He came home with me, and amzingly enough they were drawn to each other immediately. I was absolutely astounded by an almost immediate bond.

The first night they were sleeping together, cuddled into each other, and have been more or less inseperable since then.

When I brought Freebee her mate, she didn't like him and always gave him a hard time eventhough they got used to each other over time. There was always a lot of screaming and cussing from her and he would bow his head and take it.

With these two, there is a lot of sweet chuckles and chortling going on.

I think I hit the jackpot this time around :D

I am still considering names, any thoughts?
Attachments
20170710_154017.jpg
20170710_154102.jpg
20170710_154126.jpg
20170710_154246.jpg
20170710_150513.jpg
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Re: A New Little Companion

Post by Barbara » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:39 pm

lovezebs what a cutie so are they both males ? What is the blues name? Parakeets have the sweetest little faces.My two males hit it off immediately when they saw one another and with no female around they are the sweetest to one another and every night they sleep on the swing together.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked
Family of six ,Family of seven+three Society

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Nice.
His wing and mask markings don't look black enough to me to be an average budgie and I wonder if he is a spangle mutation. Compare to the normal blue's markings.
I'm not very good at budgie terminology so it could be something else. Maybe some variant of dilute?
Whatever it is, its attractive.

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Lovezebs, very pretty bird. He is different than I've ever seen. You sure picked the right bird!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 am

Barbara

Yes, they are both males. I didn't want to take any chances on a repeat of the horror I went through with poor little Freebee, plus I'm not at all interested in breeding Budgies, so picking another male seemed like the best idea.

The Blue boy never really got a name, so I'd thought to name both together at the same time, when I can figure out two names that would fit them.

I am ever so glad that they like each other.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 am

paul-inAZ & wildbird

I don't know if he's some special mutation or not. I'm afraid I'm not at all knowledgeable about Budgie mutations.

He just looked like a nice little bird, and I did like his colours. There was another like him in the bunch, but that one might have been a girl, and I did want a boy.

These two like each other, and that's all that really matters :D
~Elana~

monotwine
Proven
Proven

Post by monotwine » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 am

Stunning pair. Love how your new boys little cheek patch picks up on his new friends blue. Clearly it was meant to be.

Blue and Buddy? ha ha. You cannot get less inventive names than those as suggestions. I'm sure they are in a very well run B&B at your home.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:58 pm

monotwine

Blue and Buddy.....

I already have a Blue, as in Blue and Berry , my RC CB pair, and so...

Maybe Benji and Buddy (?)
~Elana~

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:34 pm

lovezebs. When I picked a friend for Bogart I did the same thing made sure it was a male he is all white but was hatched on valetine day so what else could I name him but Valentino. Seeing as it was close to the 4th of july what about Star and Spangle. or Chip and Dale ,there are a lot of boy manes that go good together.
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Barbara

I do like Chip and Dale.

I used to watch the cartoons with the two little chipmunks named Chip and Dale many moons ago. They were adorable.

Chip and Dale it is .

Thanks Barbara :D
~Elana~

monotwine
Proven
Proven

Post by monotwine » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:07 am

=D> Name solution.

vinay
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by vinay » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:52 am

Cute guy you got there ! :D

In case you were wondering, i think his mutation is Fullbody Greywing (which is a combination of Greywing an Clearwing).

Barbara
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by Barbara » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 am

lovezebs.Glad I could help I also thought chip & Dale was cute for a name that was what I was going to name the bourkes but hubby wanted to name them Ben & Jerry.I love the chipmunks little squeaky voiche.Enjoy them they are a very pretty color.And the plus is no breeding brings out the worst in some pairs of anything
One canary
Two english budgies
Two Bourkes
Pair of red cheeked bleu
Pair of goldbreast
Pair of orange cheeked

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 am

Barbara

Thank you Barbara,

I think those names will suit them perfectly.

I hope they have the cute manners that the wee Chipmunks had...
"After you",
"No, after you,"
"No, I do insist, after you."

Indubitably one of the cutest pairs in cartoon history, lol.

Thanks again.
~Elana~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 am

monotwine

I love it =D>
~Elana~