Budgie Layed Two Eggs In One Day

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Budgie Layed Two Eggs In One Day

Post by OhNayeli » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Hello everyone, one of my budgies has been laying eggs she layed one on saturday and one on monday. This is her first time ever laying eggs. I knew she would lay one today ive been giving her some crushed egg shells and grit that has oyster shells and other things. I kept an eye on her through out the day just to make sure everything went well. I just went to check on them and there are two eggs. Before they didnt have any because they cracked the other two and i removed them. Im confused i didnt know this could happen im thinking maybe both of my budgies are females and they each layed one today. I will include a picture i used to think the green one was a male and the other one a female but then i saw something that made me think the green one was a female and the other one a male. Its so weird has this ever happen to anyone??
Attachments
20160503_165135.jpg
20180328_185233.jpg

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Re: Budgie Layed Two Eggs In One Day

Post by Sheather » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 pm

These are two female parakeets, males will never have this color of cere.
~Dylan

~~~

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 pm

Sheather wrote: These are two female parakeets, males will never have this color of cere.

Omg really im shocked like i barely tought about that while i was writing this post. Its so weird ive seen the one that is more blue on top of the green one. Than i guess one barely started laying today. Thank you so much for answering, if they hadnt layed eggs i would still be thinking i had a pair lol.

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 pm

I have seen females on top of males, budgies are pretty adventurous in their activities.
~Dylan

~~~

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Post by paul-inAZ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:49 pm

I tend to leave cracked eggs in the nest and not remove them. They quickly eat them most of the time, recycling calcium to replace that lost in making shells.

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:40 am

Sheather wrote: I have seen females on top of males, budgies are pretty adventurous in their activities.

So weird and mine didnt seem shy about it. Good thing i wasnt trying to breed them if not i would be totally devastated lol.

OhNayeli
Mature
Mature

Post by OhNayeli » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:50 am

paul-inAZ wrote: I tend to leave cracked eggs in the nest and not remove them. They quickly eat them most of the time, recycling calcium to replace that lost in making shells.
I didnt leave the others because they were on the food bowl and since they cracked them seeds went inside so i just trew them away. But i did leave the ones they layed today i was thinking of boiling them in case they break them so that they can eat them and finally taste a hard boiled egg since they always reject it when i offer it.

Thank you for replying