New Rubino today

For the discussion of everything concerning all varieties of hookbill birds
JustAlex09
Hatchling
Hatchling

New Rubino today

Post by JustAlex09 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 am

So today I went to pick up a female Zeeb for Cheeks (which I got, her name is Sleipnir, aka "Lady Friend") and also ended up getting this beautiful baby girl. Me and an employee thought of the name "Opal" at the exact same time, so the name stuck.

It is very rare for Nature to get Bourkes so the fact that they had a rubino was incredible. Also incredible that she hadn't been reserved the instant she'd arrived at the store 2 months earlier (Nature hand rears budgies and other small hookbills). She's a bit scruffy looking cause she's only about 3 months old and only just recently molted. She's an absolute sweetheart and the two employees in charge of the bird section were really happy that I bought her. Apparently there's a lot of people who didn't like her simply because her eyes were red.

Here's Ruby (left) and Graphite (right) investigating Opal. Ruby and Graffy have free reign of my room during the day and they came over to investigate as soon as Opal was out of the box.

These birds are so sweet and it looks like they'll be good friends.
Zebra Finches - Isis & Osiris, Bast & Sobek, Anubis, Ra, Horus, Iah, Kauket, Menhit
Society Finches - Cricket, Fly, Katydid, Amblypygi, Aphid, Roach, Mantis, Mothra, Ladybug, Junebug
House Sparrow - Pig
Cockatiel - Merlin
Bourke Parakeets - Ruby, Graphite
Budgie - R2D2
... and 5 cats, a turtle, 2 fish and a dog.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: New Rubino today

Post by lovezebs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm

JustAlex09

She's really lovely.

I have always seen pictures, but never actually come across one in real life.

Congratulations!
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~