Diamond turtle doves

Luis Ponte
Pip
Pip

Diamond turtle doves

Post by Luis Ponte » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:11 am

This is a video i made in the house of a friend of mine , oh breeds this particularly kind of turtle doves , i found them very interesting so i decided do make the video for my wife to see them .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_RbVHJWH9M

Sam007
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Diamond turtle doves

Post by Sam007 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Very pretty doves. Nice Video!
I love Gouldian Finches.

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:33 am

Thank you for sharing the video! :) These are actually called "Diamond Doves" without the turtle. I think I see three mutations: Blue White-tails, Reds, and Yellows. :) Happy New Year!
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~

Luis Ponte
Pip
Pip

Post by Luis Ponte » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:56 am

bugaboo5 wrote: Thank you for sharing the video! :) These are actually called "Diamond Doves" without the turtle. I think I see three mutations: Blue White-tails, Reds, and Yellows. :) Happy New Year!
Thanks for telling me the correct name in English , as for the mutations i don't know the names of it , my friend the owner forgot to tell me , so i could put in the video description .

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:02 am

Luis Ponte wrote: Thanks for telling me the correct name in English , as for the mutations i don't know the names of it , my friend the owner forgot to tell me , so i could put in the video description .
You're so very welcome! :) I love doves and used to have Diamond Doves many years ago. They are very sweet birds and their small size makes them nice to have! :)

Here is a website that shows different photos of the mutations: http://zebrafinch.com/DiamondDove/Dove.html

Have a wonderful day! :)
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~