Quails chirping in eggs now: Any experts know the ETA?

Stevie

Quails chirping in eggs now: Any experts know the ETA?

Post by Stevie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:43 pm

ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)

I candled my chinese painted quail eggs tonight and put them to my ear. I can see a lot of movement inside and hear them pecking to get out. Is this called pipping?

I can also hear them chirping in thier eggs :-?

I'm really tired, and fancied going to bed (-|

How long before they manage to break free once they start trying to get out, I don't wanna miss the party :YMPARTY:

I never did this sort of stuff at school and I feel like a kid again \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :?:

Did just fall a asleep in the chair while watching them just now (-|

Corkysgirl
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Quails chirping in eggs now: Any experts know the ETA?

Post by Corkysgirl » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Pipping is when they make a tiny air hole in the egg preparing to come out. They could do that and then not do anything for a little while or quite a while...or they could right away keep chipping away around the tiny hole and come out. Are you incubating them or is there a mother involved? Make sure there is enough moisture or there will be a problem with the eggs drying out and the babies will have a problem coming out. Here's a link with some interesting info. lovezebs That's great they welcomed your society. Yes, how are they doing? http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/loa ... 15094.html

Stevie

Post by Stevie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:16 am

Corkysgirl wrote: Pipping is when they make a tiny air hole in the egg preparing to come out. They could do that and then not do anything for a little while or quite a while...or they could right away keep chipping away around the tiny hole and come out. Are you incubating them or is there a mother involved? Make sure there is enough moisture or there will be a problem with the eggs drying out and the babies will have a problem coming out. Here's a link with some interesting info. lovezebs That's great they welcomed your society. Yes, how are they doing? http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/loa ... 15094.html
Went to bed in the end.

Glad a know what pipping is. They started to hatch this morning. Yipeee

Corkysgirl
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Corkysgirl » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:10 am

That's awesome! Congratulations! You're going to enjoy them! :)