info on strawberries?

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
treeeeee1
Pip
Pip

info on strawberries?

Post by treeeeee1 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:00 am

Hi there,

I recently purchased a hen (Ruby), and was lucky enough to find a friend (WhatNot) for her. Poor thing, he was in the bird reject area (WhatNot Box), missing half his leg and foot, no tail, I took him anyway, felt very sorry for him. I have a special platform for him, with water and food right there. The store is very reputable, but said they really don't know what happened. Looks like a bad accident to me. Hopefully his tail feathers grown back to help him fly around for balance, obviously will always be crippled.
They are getting along beautifully, seems like she is protecting him, and staying very close. My question if anyone can help, there is not much information on the berries online, seems like plenty on all the other breeds. I have zebras also, but not in same area, the berries have their own private large one, since he is a bit handicapped and I dont want any other birds picking on him.
-Theresa

tammieb
Brooding
Brooding

Post by tammieb » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:34 pm

WhatNot is fortunate you were willing to take him in. Keeping the berries away from the zebs is a good idea. Strawberries require basically the same care as zebs. They do appreciate live food on occasion. I feed mine mini meal worms once a week.

The male berry has a beautiful song. Mine wakes me up nearly every day at 5am! :shock:
TammieB.

Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best. ~Henry Van Dyke~

treeeeee1
Pip
Pip

Post by treeeeee1 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:34 am

I haven't tried the mini meal worms yet, but I will this weekend, thanks for the advice and reply. I am hoping his tail grows back! :)
-Theresa