Update On Java Kids

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Re: Update On Java Kids

Post by isobea » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:38 pm

lovezebs - Elana, I can't believe what a difference a few weeks make. They are beautiful! And I have to say I love the color of your headless silver boy/girl (so elegant) in the picture you posted 12/18. Is that the same bird as the one in today's last photo? That one looks more cream colored to me.
Iso

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 pm

lovezebs

OMG! Those normals are just stunning! =P~ Oh for pete's sake! Elana..Get out of the front of the cage and let me just...tuck this one in this pocket....SHHHHH....gimme a sec ...... I'll take this one.................................STOP grabbin' my arms...SHOO SHOO, I need Two pair............ go chase that parrot finch, he went over yonder...quick honey, he's headed for the societies!

Whew, Elana's distracted. #:-S I got a sack for these two beauties over here...." BUBBA!! GET YOUR BUTT AND YER SACK HERE !! X( Noooooooo, GOOD GAWD!! I meant your BURLAP SACK! :shock: :shock: :YMSICK: :-L

Friday night giggles over here!

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:59 pm

isobea

Same bird Iso, maybe just different lighting.
He's actually sort of white, with silver markings on the back.

The rest appear to be all normal, even though one has slighty more beige tint to him/her.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 am

Babs

=)) =)) =))

You are a wicked wicked imp, that's what you are!!!

I'll try and get some better picture of these silly kids in the near future.
They are still nervous birds, but not as bad as they were in the begining. They also tend to be camera shy, and freak out when they see my cell.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 am

lovezebs - Elana, have any of them started singing yet? Do you know at what age the males usually start singing?

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:30 am

isobea

Well, I know the White one (Rudolph) is a boy for sure, as to the others, lol, half the time I can hardly tell them apart when they're all over the place.

I hear someone singing, but when I look up, they're all staring back at me, not a sound.

I walk out of the room and hide around the corner... A couple of minutes later, someone is singing... I peek around the corner. Silence ~X(

I actually came across this cute little video, which you might enjoy.

https://youtu.be/gHt0HWE7Hzs
~Elana~

isobea
Incubating
Incubating

Post by isobea » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:47 am

lovezebs - it looks like you will have to set up a surveillance camera! God knows what else you will see...
Yes, I loved that video. I've always loved their song.
Here is a link to a video that I think is really cute. Makes you want to hand-raise one of these little guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmOVDQSldz8

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:45 am

lovezebs isobea

Elana, hee hee. Bubba's got no sense.

I've still only got my poor lone java Tux. Plans for getting him a friend fell through. He was housed with zebras so he's to overbearing to put with my societies and in a cage alone poor guy.

But a few times a day he belts out that beautiful "pew pew pew" laser song (just like the one on the video) and I just love it.

If he sings and I'm sitting on the sofa (he's behind the sofa), I turn my head around to watch him sing.........he will stop in mid-song everytime. Like "Don't look at me, it wasnt me ^#(^ .

I cant look at him ever when he sings ,ever. He busts me every time. He's still very flighty too.

Trisha12345
Pip
Pip

Post by Trisha12345 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:03 pm

I don't know what this is
Attachments
Trying to figure out what this is it's also on her neck. I can't figure out how to post a new topic
Trying to figure out what this is it's also on her neck. I can't figure out how to post a new topic
Trying to figure out what this is
Trying to figure out what this is

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Trisha12345

It's his preen gland (Uropygial Gland).
~Elana~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Babs

Well girlie, if you need some extra Javas, you need to go on Vacation, TO HAWAII!!!

WHATCH THIS VIDEO, AND START PACKING, LOL.

https://youtu.be/V93FpHhDkQU
~Elana~

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:34 pm

lovezebs

Such beautiful birds !!! I only have room for so many birds, so I just love to see all the different kinds of finches everyone keeps.

Keep on posting those beautiful pictures !!! :D
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:37 pm

lem2bert

Thank you, I'll definitely try to snap more picts of these kids.... if they'll cooperate, lol.
~Elana~

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Trisha12345

At the top of the board you will see board index, click on that and you will see finch related with many topics under that. Click on what ever topic is related to your question. once you do that you will see at the top of the board New post click on that . Hope this helps and I want to say Hi from Massachusetts.
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Trisha12345
Pip
Pip

Post by Trisha12345 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:43 am

lovezebs wrote: Trisha12345

It's his preen got land (Uropygial Gland).
Is it bad do you know if it will go away thanks so much!