2 gouldian's or 1 canary

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

2 gouldian's or 1 canary

Post by Tish » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:46 am

When I get my double cage I was thinking of asking for a special present, but what should I ask for? 2 gouldian's or a canary? Which one is more quiet? My societies are quiet most of the time and I like that, my sister is my neighbor and not a fan of consent and loud squawking every second of the day. Which species would get along good with my society finches? This will be my last bird(s) I can get, so I want to pick the right bird(s) please help me choose the best species for me.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: 2 gouldian's or 1 canary

Post by lovezebs » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:15 am

Tish

Definitely Gouldians.

Male Canary song (god love them) is loud LOUD, while Females chirp.

Male Gouldian song, is like a soft lisping whisper, and the Females have a soft chirp.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:28 pm

I was thinking of the gouldian's, but a yellow canary really is beautiful, but so are the gouldian's. I think I will go with gouldian's they will probably be best for me.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Tish
I would agree with Elana. I have 3 canaries and my male sings quite loud at times. I just received my first pair of Gouldians today and they have a much softer voice. Good luck with whichever bird you decide to purchase ! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by Tish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 pm

lem2bert Thanks I'am leaning more towards the gouldian's