Housing/Species

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: Housing/Species

Post by Sojourner » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 pm

lovezebs

Yes, but its cheaper on the Wayfair.ca website, plus free shipping.

I have never tried to put those collapsible wire cages together end-to-end. I have heard of people doing it but it is not quite the simple proposition it is with some of the other, larger cages with an actual frame.

However Vera needs it to sit on top of her existing cage which is 30" long so - end to end is not in the cards in this case.

I keep thinking of putting 2 of the ginormous A&E cages together. My golly, what a cage that would be!

I'm thinking - cockatiels. \:D/
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Sojourner

I am seriously contemplating putting two F030's together end to end, but keep putting it off...BIG JOB, and what to do with the birds while I'm working on it...geeesh.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:00 am

lovezebs

Yeah, the F030s have that peaked roof. The ones that are all right angles are WAY easier to modify.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

Vera
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Vera » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:47 pm

lovezebs wrote: Sojourner Vera

Is this the cage you are talking about?
I'd buy 2 of them, and put them together lengthwise :D

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PawHut-Metal-Bir ... 3ihXTUI%7E
lovezebs wrote: Sojourner Vera

Yes thats the one but i found a bigger used one that I purchased

Is this the cage you are talking about?