2017 Spring Photos A Rainbow!!!!

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Jen
Weaning
Weaning

2017 Spring Photos A Rainbow!!!!

Post by Jen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:49 pm

I picked some green weeds for my finches....they LOVE these things! I love this time of year when I can bring this into my aviary for my birds. I pick them right across from my office so I know it's clean and never been sprayed with insecticides. My "Spring Rainbow" !
Attachments
WP_20170323_18_38_36_Pro.jpg
WP_20170323_18_30_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20170323_18_30_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20170323_18_34_15_Pro.jpg

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: 2017 Spring Photos A Rainbow!!!!

Post by Babs _Owner » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:08 pm

Jen

Absolutely stunning! :YMDAYDREAM: Those gems are gorgeous! I was wondering when we would get more shots of the aviary! =D>

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Thank you Babs
This winter season, trying to keep temps right, birds happy and healthy, seed/feed on point....I have to admit it was tiring. But as spring renews the soul... I walked into my aviary this afternoon after work, to give my birds fresh water and seed and millet treats to look around....as I usually do, looking down....bird down? anybody feeling "low"?....
I added the fresh cut green weed/seed to the holders that I cut this afternoon and everybody was sooooo excited! I couldn't help but look around and enjoy such beauty, nature at it's best. I felt blessed...

Jenny

Gouldians, Red Cheek Cordon Blue family, Gold Breasted Waxbills, Fire Finches, Owl finches, Yellow Face & Red Face Star Finches, Lavender Finches, Society Finches, Canary,Rosey Bourke, Scarlet Chested Grasskeets, Cockatiels, too many Guineas, Izzy my 16 year old cute doggie dog, two spoiled kitties!

a_gouldian
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by a_gouldian » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Beautiful setup and birds!
Gouldians, Red-faced Stars, Owl Finches, Blue-capped Cordon Bleus

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Jen

Jenny, they are so so beautiful, and those weeds are so GREEN. I am obsessed with greenery lately....too much white and brown around here #-o

Any more pictures of the outside of your Aviary? It's been a while, and I forget :roll:
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Jen
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Jen » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Thank you!

@lovezebs I will try to post some photos of my aviary. I've been working on the weekends planting flowers/shrubs outdoors. The weather has been sooooo beautiful the last few days. I purchased some Amaranth seeds, also known as "Love Lies Bleeding"....and hope to plant this weekend if the weather holds out. There were recent post and photos of this plant on the forum so I wan to give it a try.

Jenny

GouldianGuy
Wonder Wooer
Wonder Wooer

Post by GouldianGuy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:07 am

youve got some great looking birds!