Java Sparrow

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: Java Sparrow

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm

The prime vitamins look pretty good! Website says you can sprinkle it in the seeds, too.
Here's a web site about Prime and how to use it. https://ca-en.hagen.com/Bird/Nutrition/ ... ents/82102
Just follow the directions and your bird will be very happy. =D>
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey,
I give my bird these seed image below,i mix all the seed and give it to java in morning,in evening i give my bird boil rice with prime supplement sprinkle on it i have 2 male java and 2 female java
Attachments
Photo0092.jpg
Photo0094.jpg
Photo0090.jpg

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Can i give boil rice everyday with prime supplement sprinkle on? Seed in the morning?

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Sorry for too many question! Iam new i need java breeding tips.can i give java prime supplement when they are breeding?

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm

It's good to give prime supplement when breeding. For breeding also give some smashed boiled egg, protein is important for making eggs and feeding young!

I think giving seeds first and then rice in the evening is good, seeds should always be available all the time.

As long as they are eating the supplement in some way, you could put it on the rice.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm

It's a good idea to ask questions! :)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm

SuperSaiyan

Questions are good, and most welcome. It's the best way to learn. Here on the Forum, you have many bird lovers, and bird breeders, some who have been involved with birds for many many years.

In regards to the Prime Vitamins, I am not familiar with them . I use a different 'German' brand called Nekton, and only once or twice a week .

That said, I am a strong believer in trying to supply all of my birds' needs through natural means, using supplements only as a 'supplement' in case I miss something in their diet.

I guess you could look at it this way.

If you were to eat only rice and take Vitamins, instead of eating meat, fish, eggs, milk, vegetables, fruits, grains and so on, you probably would not be very healthy.

That's why I recommended what I did in my other post further up, in regards to diet, Calcium sources and so on. The suggestions I made, are important for your birds health and happiness, and if you want birds who will breed for you and remain healthy and alive, I would strongly recommend reading it over again.

Good luck, and enjoy your birds.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:06 am

Right, the Prime is something extra to fix the emergency you have right now.

But, what you really need is a better diet.

Seeds like this are very good for a java finch- https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 8,320_.jpg It's not expensive, and it's very healthy, just right for finches!

Also feed fruits and vegetables, egg shell, and cuttle bone. Rice is OK once in a while, but not all the time! Rice is junk food, like potato chips. :lol:

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:59 am

Thank you soon much everyone for helping me out!!

From now on I will give my birds prime supplement only in water,and provide them good diet like,veggies,fruit and good seed and in calcium I will give them crushed boil egg.can we give boiled crushed egg everyday! I will provide them boil rice once in a week and with supplement sprinkle on it! ☺ and are the seed good that iam providing them currently pic in below ! One more thing my hen just layed an egg right now I am Very happpphappppyyy yeaaaaaa! With eggshelll in nest box!

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:11 am

My java hen layed an egg today in nest box and its full eggshell but the beak of egg is without eggshell like top of the egg with no shell but the hole is with eggshell is the egg ok? Do chick will come out from that egg?

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:48 am

SuperSaiyan

Sadly no.
If part of the shell is missing, then the egg is not ok.

Start your girl Java on a good diet right away. Lots of egg shells for Calcium everyday.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am

What should i do? Throw the egg? Egg is in there nest ?and they are sitting on it? Or should i leave as it is?

SuperSaiyan
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by SuperSaiyan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:41 am

Can i touch the egg? Send you pic of egg?

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 am

SuperSaiyan

I would toss the damaged egg, and take the nest out for now as well.

Give your birds room to fly and exercise for a while, and offer a good diet and the hard boiled eggs and lots of crushed egg shells for the time being.
~Elana~

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 am

SuperSaiyan

The idea, is to get your birds in the best condition possible, before they begin to breed and lay eggs. That way, you will have a much better chance of them laying good eggs and raising nice healthy chicks.
~Elana~